New Limited Edition PRS Tremonti Baritone

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by The 1, Oct 6, 2016.

1. cardinal

cardinal F# Dive Bomber

Getting caught up in the wording seems silly. The specs are clear, so if you like the scale then yay.

But BOOO to PRS for not releasing a Tremonti 7-string. Come on already. Make a production USA 7-string.

2. BrailleDecibel

BrailleDecibel Dinkleberg

I agree with all of this. :agreed:

3. s_k_mullins

s_k_mullins !@#$?!

I am excited for this model. I love my Tremonti model more than any guitar I've ever owned, and one with a longer scale and a fixed bridge would be awesome for drop B stuff.

4. s_k_mullins

s_k_mullins !@#$?!

According to Brian's Guitars, MAP is $4900.

5. TheWarAgainstTime

TheWarAgainstTime "TWAT" for short

I miss the like button :lol:

I just saw Alter Bridge a few weeks ago, but from what I could tell, Mark was still using his regular models and that one wacky shaped custom model. The baritone marketing seems weird to me, but there's no doubt that it's a sexy guitar and pretty unique for a PRS :yesway:

6. MAJ Meadows SF

MAJ Meadows SF on a tone quest

your front yard, staring into your window
    They have no excuse by now. Waring, Holcomb, Tremonti, and a few other dudes all have 7 string PRS guitars that are NOT SEs. And I don't want a Private Stock, just a core line USA 7, 25.5 in scale. Even in limited runs just to get some more of them out there. I know it's not a huge market of theirs but considering the amount of SEs they've sold and if they ever released the Holcomb 7 sig in a limited run.. such want.

I have a Holcomb Sig and it's the best playing PRS I've touched. I am partial to flat scale fretboards, but just as well the 25.5 neck feels more natural to me. I may take a hard look at one of these.

7. 77zark77

77zark77 SS.org Regular

This is my uber baritone Charvel since it's a 25.5 tuned in C standard with 12-60

[​IMG]

:lol::lol::lol:

8. cardinal

cardinal F# Dive Bomber

I'm honesty surprised it hasn't happened yet. And the Private Stocks are silly. I just wanted a quote for a plain black Custom 22 or 24, and it came back at $14,000. No thanks! Honestly, now that I have a couple of Gibson LP7s, I'm not sure I'd even bother with a PRS7 now unless it had a trem, and I suspect that if they ever bother to make one, it'll be hardtail. So boooo to PRS all around.

9. Ziricote

Ziricote SS.org Regular

I disagree with most of stuff you say and this is one of them. You wrong Sir once again. I find warranted everything people say. PRS is stupid for saying this is baritone guitar. Look it up

10. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

MOAR PICS

[​IMG]

11. cardinal

cardinal F# Dive Bomber

Me thinks some people consider the definition of baritone to be more important than it should be.

12. Rich5150

Rich5150 SS.org Regular

If there is anyway in hell possible, I will get one of these in copperhead.

13. GraemeH

GraemeH SS.org Regular

"Baritone" is colloquially used by guitarists to refer to scale length, but that's not what it means. The term pre-dates guitar and refers to the pitch of the instrument, not the physical properties of the instrument producing that pitch.

A 24.75" scale length guitar tuned down to B is a baritone. A 28" scale length guitar tuned to standard E-to-E is not.

Anyway, PRS bridges always interest me - for some reason they always look "solid" and weighty.

14. Ziricote

Ziricote SS.org Regular

Exactly. It can mean whatever it wants as it predates guitar. But in term for guitar is scale length directly with the word. Thank you

15. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Word on the street is they're discontinuing the SE 24-7 this/next year, so either they got something new planned, or they're giving up on 7-strings for a year.

But yeah, baritone CAN me "baritone tuning", but I find it misleading when guitar companies MOST OF THE TIME consider 26''+ guitars "baritones", and here comes PRS releasing a Fender-scale guitar and calling it a baritone. Just call it the Tremonti 255 or something. :lol: If you release a 27'' Tremonti model, then call THAT a baritone to avoid confusion.

16. austink

austink SS.org Regular

I love the way this looks/specced out. I have always liked the look of single cuts, but have always played 25.5 on all my guitars. My holcomb is exactly what I wanted in a custom 24, and this could be exactly what I want in a single cut. Can my wallet handle getting a jade one to match my holcomb........

17. cardinal

cardinal F# Dive Bomber

Interesting. I suspect it either means they're giving up on it or theyre releasing another SE7, like maybe a single cut. But I can hope for a US production guitar that isn't an outrageous upcharge.

18. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

for those who want a core line 7 string, go and and make a group spam emails to PRS. According to several Q/A videos I ahve seen of Mark Holcom were he gets asked "when a 7 string?" a lot, he always reply the same, "dont ask me, ask PRS, send an email to them..."

19. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

You mean like here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baritone_guitar

"The most common scale lengths on an electric baritone range from 25.5" to 28.7", With the latter more commonly being tuned lower than a common six-string."

I also did point out that their use was still silly...

20. Grindspine

Grindspine likes pointy things

Most of my six string guitars are shorter scale (24.75-25"). My one 25.5" scale guitar is string with 13-59 strings and tuned to BEADF#B. I refer to that as baritone commonly, even when working with other guitar techs.

I do concede that if someone says "baritone scale", I think of that being 27", as I generally refer to 25.5" in standard tuning as Fender scale.

PRS choosing to call it a baritone does not bother me since it is longer than their standard 25" scale.

As much as I don't like Tremonti's music, it does look like a killer guitar. It might satisfy a few of the crowd that wanted Holcomb core guitars who were not able to get one and do not favor the SE version.