New Hannes Grossmann, what do you think?

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by chopeth, Jun 11, 2021.

1. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

it is starting to grow, I loved the cover first sight and had to buy the T-shirt too, kinde lovecraftian/Alien look I adore.

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-10 at 23.24.29.jpeg

Randy and Zhysick like this.
  2. BusinessMan

BusinessMan SS.org Regular

I listened to a song from the album and I liked it. The cover kinda reminds of the ball form of the winged dragon of ra from yugioh but darker.

chopeth likes this.
  3. Zhysick

Zhysick SS.org Regular

I was greatly surprised! First time I listened to Hannes Grossmann (at least knowing that I am listening to him) and holy cow! That was amazing. Great EP... or is a LP? For sure it felt short, I want more.

Great record in any case, brutal, fast, precise and beautiful. Going to listen to more stuff from him for sure.

chopeth likes this.
  4. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

It's the fourth LP, my friend, listen to The Crypts of Sleep, I think my favourite so far. By the way, if you like it, you'd probably love Alkaloid where he also plays with Muenzner, Tunker, Morean and Linnus. European Tech death dream team for sure.

mikah912, Zhysick and Randy like this.
  5. Zhysick

Zhysick SS.org Regular

Yes, I have been listening to alkaloid now and then but had no idea about the drummer's name, actually, only name I recognize of all of them is Muenzner.

I don't care that much who plays where nowadays but since I liked this one... obvious I would like this one considering the members, I should have known :lol:

chopeth likes this.
  6. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

Not gonna lie. As a huge fan of albums from the "ex-members of Obscura club", I have missed out on a lot from them. I have not yet purchased the second Alkaloid album, Eternity's end's second album and Hannes Grossman's 3rd and 4th solo albums because other albums/things just kept coming up. I was planning on getting all 4 of those albums this year but Christian Muenzner stated on his Facebook page that the new Obscura album will most likely be released this fall. Obscura is a priority band in which I purchase their albums/tab books as soon as they are available. Setbacks. Sigh, we meet again. LOL.

As far as Hannes' new album, I really liked what a heard.

chopeth likes this.
  7. Pietjepieter

Pietjepieter SS.org Regular

Really like the new record. I must say it is the first time I listen to any of his solo work. But it is great, good production, great songs sick guitar solo's!

Surprised that a solo record of a drummer is so guitar orientated!

8. NoodleFace

NoodleFace Delicious Noodles

as a diehard Obscura fan I have some inside information about the new album which I can't share, but what I can say is it sounds like an absolute cluster fuck of an album