New Gibson Collection in 13 Days?

StrmRidr

Hide your Jacksons
Reaction score
I dropped by my local store for some strings and they had the 60s Standard in Iced Tea on the wall. I messed around with it unplugged for a little bit and it was very nice, arguably the nicest Les Paul I have held. I would say there is a strong chance I will get one of them by year end.

MetalHex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Has anyone had a chance to play one of the LP moderns yet?

MetalHex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I want one so bad. Now that Gibson is 95% there, they just need some 25.5" models and they will be 100% there!

Discoqueen

Dang tootin
Reaction score
I’m also tempted by these new models. My budget is 1800 tho so I don’t know if waiting another six months or whatever is worth it.

Leviathus

Psychotic Monster
Reaction score
front-banner-1600_900.png

Not sure if this is a new model this year but goddamn i've always wanted to use that trem!! Glad they re-released these.

MetalHex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sounds like you want a Hagstrom. ;)
Idk, the Hagstroms remind me too much of a stoner sludge guitar, and riffs beards and gear type chuggage which I'm not totally into. I know that's a salty way of looking at things but I cant reverse it.

efiltsohg

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Idk, the Hagstroms remind me too much of a stoner sludge guitar, and riffs beards and gear type chuggage which I'm not totally into. I know that's a salty way of looking at things but I cant reverse it.

but that perception is literally only because of Les Pauls and should apply equally to them

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
front-banner-1600_900.png

Not sure if this is a new model this year but goddamn i've always wanted to use that trem!! Glad they re-released these.
I love the look of these trems, and with the announcement was doing some reading about them. I'm in danger of buying one and while apparently this trem sucks, it's easy to fix it in place.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are those sideways trems really no good?

They are what they are. They're not meant to compete with more "modern" designs, but more along the lines of Bigsby, Vibrola, etc.

From my experience, as long as you keep the mechanism clean they'll function fine.

The biggest quirk is moving the bar in a direction that you're not used to.

Dabo Fett

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thanks! Looking to get a sg with a trem that would allow down tuning without having to retune every string, basically anything not floating

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks! Looking to get a sg with a trem that would allow down tuning without having to retune every string, basically anything not floating

Get one with a Bigsby, or install one yourself. That's pretty much the best option for 99.9% of SGs.

MetalHex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Anyone play these yet? Went to Guitar Center today......the guy said hes never even heard of them LP Modern