New from the makers of Krokodil..

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MFB, Jan 9, 2013.

1. MFB

MFB Banned

it's Scopolamine!

No, it's not technically an Eastern European drug like Krokodil (it's Colombian) was/is but this shit is so fucking potent it eliminates free-will AND will kill you while you trip. The friend of a guy in this video (the guy himself tripped for 17 DAYS) is permanently stuck in a trip from part of the plant used to make this shit. It's in. SANE.

World’s Scariest Drug: Scopolamine – The Devil’s Breath | Documentary Network - Watch free documentaries and films online

2. gunshow86de

gunshow86de Beef Jerky Time

I watched that the other day, truly scary shit. The dealer they are riding around with is scary and hilarious at the same time.

3. facepalm66

facepalm66 The Master of Joints

4. MFB

MFB Banned

To me, thats what makes Scopolamine worse is that it's just FOUND in nature, with the plant looking very beautiful; as the guy says, "without realizing it, you could pick this off the tree and give it to your mom which would be a very, VERY bad idea"

5. Jakke

Jakke Pretty wisdomous

I would imagine they screened for the most insane drug-dealer in Colombia, cool dude though:lol:

I believe there is a similar substance found on Haiti that helped create the myth of the voodoo-zombie, both scary and awesome at the same time.

*EDIT* Yeah, the bokor used Datura Stramonium, which is another plant that hyoscine is found in.

6. MFB

MFB Banned

I think that's almost the same exact thing, just not as refined as Scopolamine, since I remember them saying Datura was part of it. Maybe Datura is the plant from which the seeds come from?

I'm curious too as to how they found this particular drug dealer given his character :lol: The prostitute that's in this though? Fuck her. Drugging people with this shit for 6 years and not feeling a single bit of remorse.

7. Jakke

Jakke Pretty wisdomous

It's the same compound, scopolamine/hyoscine is found in a fuckton of central/south american plants, in most nightshades for example (remember that when you are feelin' for a bit of date-rape in Skyrim).

She seemed anti-social given that she basically retold how she killed someone without showing any remorse.

I would imagine they had a contact in Colombia that found a drug-dealer willing to guide them, that he seems to be completely insane is just a valuable bonus:lol:

8. Mexi

Mexi SS.org Regular

considering one hectare in the amazon has more biodiversity than all of Canada/U.S combined, I'm not surprised such potent psychoactives just exist naturally in parts of S. America

9. Murdstone

Murdstone Sycamore Trees

It's not as crazy as this video would have you believe, people smoke it all the time in datura. Its ability to control the brains of the weakminded is a tad overexaggerated, much like many other drugs that aren't mainstream that people don't generally understand. I'll admit though, it's totally hard to avoid the tin-foil hat nutjobs when researching the chemical. Too much fun.

10. Jakke

Jakke Pretty wisdomous

Really?
    I had a look on more reputable sources like Snopes (and some other skeptical blogs), and it seems to be pretty solid evidence that the results are as advertised. It is however proposed that it does not hijack your free will per se, but that it is instead very dazing.
    I mean, people are a lot more suggestible even after having their teeth pulled under anaestethic, so why would not this work in the same way?

11. Murdstone

Murdstone Sycamore Trees

It acts much like any other dissociative, definitely leaving you confused and willing to accept much of what you see and are told, but the capacity to act on said things is not as severe as one would think. A lot of folks went around saying James Holmes was dosed with scopolamine before doing his little theater gig, acting under some government ulterior motive, but from my experience getting the subject out of the premises and keeping their attention on one solid goal for more than 15 minutes would be a feat within itself.

EDIT: Not to say what you're reading is incorrect, but I've dealt with other people and occasionally myself on substances such as these many a time.

12. angus

angus SS.org Regular

Waaaaaaaaaaay exaggerated. If some of you are old enough, you might have been given a scopolamine patch in an ER visit if you had severe nausea. There's a lot of telephone played here- one person says "hallucinogenic drug" and the end result is "mind control purple monkey dishwasher."

This is why people with related science backgrounds should not be trusted sources of medical/biological news and information.

13. avenger

avenger SS.org Regular

Mmmmm datura seeds...

Let this be a PSA for all teenagers who think it is going to be sweet "tripping" on datura... WRONG!

As a naive teenager I was told "Oh its like doing shrooms for 9 hours!11!awesomesauce!". They left out the part where you don't realize you are tripping balls and instead think that everything happening around you is normal. Basically its pure deliruem for the user. I have had friends have imaginary parties, piss on the floor later claiming they swore they were in a washroom...

My experience was like most of my stupid high school experiments conducted during school (fucktarded). I have very litte recollection of what actually happened just snippets of people talking to me and laying in a hall to have a friend rescue me and talk me out of school for the day.

Never again.

14. in-pursuit

in-pursuit SS.org Regular

there are quite a few plants of the nightshade family that grow in the town I live, and plenty of exaggerated stories of their effects when ingested to go with it. datura is the sort of substance that I think is a really great example of the dichotomy of drug users. on the one hand you have the reasonably sensible, well researched and well prepared explorer wanting nothing more than to experience new states of consciousness to better understand and appreciate themselves and the world around them and all its mysteries.

and then on the other hand you have the deluded daredevils wanting to try something like this purely to try and take as great a risk with their own health/sanity as possible in order to impress others or prove their mental fortitude. unless you're getting your trip reports from robbery/rape victims in south america, it's pretty safe to say any seemingly over the top first hand accounts you get are gonna be from clowns trying to impress (much like those who claim to have taken adrenachrome).

There has only been one person that I've personally talked to who has taken datura whose story I believed, and the main thing I took from that was to be very very careful with your dosage. fun fact for all you smokers out there - nicotine is an alkaloid found in the nightshade family of plants :)

15. Murdstone

Murdstone Sycamore Trees

Cocaine is also a tropane much like scopolamine. Plenty of fun things found in poisonous plants :D

As a side note I grew a beautiful little Datura metel plant over the Summer. I'll see if I can find pictures of its flowers, they're pretty awesome.

16. ilyti

ilyti Lazy Ryebread Viking

All I have to say about this: reminds me of an episode of the Mentalist where this woman kills her neighbour by drugging him with belladonna (deadly nightshade) tea, and convinces him to cut himself open to find some hidden diamonds in his belly.