New fallujah not good?!!!

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by BusinessMan, Jan 25, 2019.

1. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

To be fair they peaked for me with Nomadic. Even though it was an EP both of those songs absolutely killed. TFP and Dreamless both have some extremely good songs too but they are outweighed by some of the mediocre ones. Alex's vocals were at their top with Nomadic, though, so this is gonna be jarring to say the least.

2. lemeker

lemeker SS.org Slacker

I'm not feeling the new vocals at all. The song itself is ok.

BlackMastodon likes this.
  3. musicaldeath

musicaldeath Herald of Djod

Well, TFP and Dreamless were both masterpieces. Undecided on this, will wait for the whole album. Easily one of the more repetitive songs they've written.

I was expecting someone vocal wise similar to Alex or the guy (forgot his name) who did the vocals for their last tour. Not a big fan of the higher pitched screams, but again, one song off the album. Will withhold judgement.

4. drmosh

drmosh Sir Paul of the Mosh Contributor

i always felt Alex had massive potential to evolve, but it seems he wasn't into it :(

Mattykoda and BlackMastodon like this.
  5. Mad-Max

Mad-Max SS.org Regular

I personally think The Flesh Prevails so far will always be their best album. I felt like Dreamless was a bit of a let down. A lot of the songs kinda sounded same same to me, where as The Flesh Prevails had at least some variation.

This new song however, totally not into it. Musically it's way too repetitive for their standards, and the new vocalist, while good at what HE does, it doesn't fit the music at all. Fallujah will always need a vocalist that can get as low as Alex Hoffman. If this guy is only doing highs, how is he going to pull off the Alex material live?

Very puzzling move on their part. Whatever, props to them for going in a direction they've probably been wanting to go in for a while. I'm just not really on board with it personally.

Sklubby likes this.
  6. Esp Griffyn

Esp Griffyn Play more music

I did think they'd been sliding downhill fast since Nomadic, which was superb. The Dead Sea is one of my favourite metal songs. Sadly it seems they're run out of ideas and inspiration, the new stuff is terrible.

BlackMastodon likes this.
  7. DLG

DLG not guthrie govan

this sounds like bad newer Decapitated. too bad.

8. musicaldeath

musicaldeath Herald of Djod

Brian is out of the band now too. Lame. Glad I got to see these guys with Alex and Brian.

9. DeathbyDesign

DeathbyDesign *Palm Muting Intensifies*

I am a huge fan of their older albums (Nomadic EP being my favorite) and I love the vocals on them. Alex's vocals fit the mood of each album perfectly. On the first listen to the new material, the song didn't do anything for me. I just listened to it again and think there could be some potential. I am hoping the rest of the new album is better than the first single.

10. BIG ND SWEATY

BIG ND SWEATY Edgy

They'll have Danny Tunker filling in on the euro tour they're about to go on which is pretty cool.

cwhitey2 likes this.
  11. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metal™

He's the best one 'in' the band. :lol:

'Also, you guy's are so closed minded.' Said by: you know who

12. bloc

bloc tha vagina finda

I don't listen to these guys much, but I didn't mind the new song. It's a little more on the "core" side but it'll be a fun track to play at the gym. Great solo too.

13. BIG ND SWEATY

BIG ND SWEATY Edgy

Ehhhhh I don't know about that, Scott is an absolute monster of a player but they're both at that level where playing each others material isn't too much of a struggle.

feraledge and cwhitey2 like this.
  14. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

The Harvest Wombs and Nomadic are still their best material.

15. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

Also, double post, since I can’t edit the original for some reason.

Sat down and let myself digest the song. It’s not bad, if you forget you’re listening to Fallujah and really want to listen to some angsty metalcore. It’s like TDWP wrote a song with a lot of blast beats, and Scott did a guest solo on it.

16. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal

Eh, he sounds like Tomas Lindberg buried under reverb. :shrug:

17. AdamMaz

AdamMaz SS.org Regular

Co-signed. Emphasis on riff-less.

18. gunch

gunch Riff Chugman

I survive soley off of riffs so I guess that's why I freaked it

AdamMaz likes this.
  19. Mattykoda

Mattykoda SS.org Regular

For those curious here is Brian's statement:
    "To all this may concern—
    After careful thought, deliberation, and tons of patience, I am displeased to finally announce that I have decided to part ways with Fallujah. It may come as a surprise to most of you, but come March, it will have been an entire calendar year since this decision was made.
    First of all, I apologize for keeping my friends and fans in the dark for so long. I‘m sure that you can all understand the situation, especially with Alex leaving not long before me. While my departure isn’t easy to explain, it mostly had to do with some creative divergences that only grew as my exit neared as well as my desire to pursue other goals in life. Sometimes a fork in your path is presented. Which route is best traveled can become incredibly difficult to decide on in terms of your career and life as a whole. While this case was no exception, I believe that I inevitably made the best choice for myself and the band going forward.
    Being part of Fallujah for the past 5 years or so has been a wonderful blessing. I’ve learned so many important lessons from my band mates, my peers throughout the industry, and the countless experiences in which I will gratefully carry into the rest of my life. I want to thank all the fans for the circle pits, the spirit fingers, the circle headbangs, and the generosity, hospitality, and support. I also want to thank my family and friends for putting up with me all that time as well as supporting me when times got rough. Fallujah is a group of good dudes who have love for the craft and just want to put out awesome music. They have a lot of sick new music coming out so get ready.
    While it may be a new beginning for me, I will never stop playing guitar and writing music for the future. I’m also planning to open my studio for recording/tracking and mixing/mastering services in Santa Rosa later this year so if you’re in the area, be sure to keep a look out and hit me up.

Thank you all so much. It was a wild ride."

It's interesting to see that he left not to long after Alex. I liked Alex's vocals FWIW even though it seems like he didn't experiment as much on Dreamless. I'm also not sure how much Brian contributed in the writing process so we could see a huge difference depending on that. The new song does nothing for me personally but I always give a new album a full listen even if I don't like the first few songs released. It may come around and I like to see how it fits in the whole context of the album, Periphery's Juggernaut for me is one of those examples. I always like to see a band evolve but I feel I am with the "selfish" minority here and hopefully we don't see a bring me the horizon evolution and completely move away from what the core fans loved about the band.

20. Sklubby

Sklubby SS.org Regular

Anyone else think he's bailing cause the new album sucks? lol

Evan89, cwhitey2 and BusinessMan like this.