New Evertune Day!

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Bearitone, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Bearitone

Bearitone SS.org Regular

[​IMG]

God damn was this expensive to have added to my guitar. To those wondering if it changes the overall “tone” of the guitar, i would say no. Period.

Bends still feel fine as long as you keep the tension right at the end of zone 2.

Would i buy this again? Probably not but i have it now so, whatever.

This is definitely not worth it if your doing an install on an existing guitar. Buy a guitar WITH an ET or not at all. Just my 2 cents. It comes out to over $600 to add it to a guitar unless your installing it yourself.

For serious performers or people trying to lay down tracks in a studio, i think the ET would probably be a golden tool but for me? Overkill.

I’m just going to grab a high quality headless next, now that i know the ET is not very important to me.

2. gunch

gunch Riff Chugman

headless gang

Bearitone likes this.
  3. Bearitone

Bearitone SS.org Regular

Put that on a T-shirt with some good art and I might buy one lol

4. TheWarAgainstTime

TheWarAgainstTime "TWAT" for short

Glad to know I'm not missing out terribly by not having an ET guitar, and more importantly that it didn't have a negative impact on your guitar. That thing is still one of the most sick builds I've ever seen :metal:

5. Meeotch

Meeotch SS.org Regular

HNED!

Give it some time before writing it off as overkill. There are some cool things to discover about the Evertune. I agree about just buying a guitar with it or not at all though. I imagine companies like ESP who are mass producing Evertune equipped guitars can use CNC to get the routes cut perfectly and reliably, vs being at the mercy of your tech.

Bearitone likes this.
  6. Bearitone

Bearitone SS.org Regular

Awwe thanks man! I’m really happy with how it turned out.

TheWarAgainstTime likes this.
  7. OliOliver

OliOliver SS.org Regular

You got any videos playing that beast? I've been wanting a baritone Jazzmaster for a little while now..

lewis likes this.
  8. Bearitone

Bearitone SS.org Regular

Sadly no. I’ve moved into a studio recently and can’t get loud enough to do the guitar (or any of my gear) justice in a video like i used to.

I say go for it and build a warmoth jazz-bari.

TheWarAgainstTime and OliOliver like this.
  9. LiveOVErdrive

LiveOVErdrive CNC hack

So that reverse tele headstock looks absolutely amazing on that jazz body

cult and Bearitone like this.
  10. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Pointy Gang™

yeah, sleeper combo right there. Suddenly I wish I'd done a reverse pointy headstock or tele headstock instead of a strat one for my baritone jazzmaster build.

Bearitone likes this.
  11. cult

cult SS.org Regular

She's a beauty.
    Also it's great to see someone actually making up his mind about the neweset gear addition and being really honest about it not being worth it as an aftermarket upgrade.

Bearitone and lewis like this.
  12. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

This!

So refreshing compared to the usual "omg its amazing everything else is shit now" attitude that normally shows itself online.

Bearitone likes this.
  13. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

Wow, That's badass. Don't paint it. It looks great how it is. It will look even better with age and dirt and wear too. I'm curious though, how does the Evertune feel compared to say a LoPro bridge for the right hand with palm mutes and stuff?

cult and Bearitone like this.
  14. Bearitone

Bearitone SS.org Regular

Oh it’s been finished with a wipe-on satin urethane so it’s going to stay that color. I really wish i could have gotten my hands on this white-tinted oil but, i couldn’t find any suppliers in the US. Only Europe.

As far as how the bridge feels under the palm, I would say it feels closer to a TOM than a flatmount bridge or locked trem. Not super comfy but, not knife edge saddles either lol.

Once I really get going in a jam sesh I forget it’s even there.

c7spheres and lewis like this.
  15. Bearitone

Bearitone SS.org Regular

Update.

I’m finding i have to readjust the balance point (so i can actually bend) just as often as i used to have to tune the guitar. And that actually makes sense to me but, it’s a bummer.

When that balance point isn’t in the right spot (in zone 2 but, juuuussst below zone 3) the immediacy of your bends disappears. You can still bend but there’s this tiny delay between when you start bending and when the string actually starts to change pitch. It’s annoying.

I picked up a regular fixed bridge guitar and it was a relief.

I’m going to keep this guitar (it’s literally my only electric guitar) but, I’m in the market for something new with a regular fixed bridge. I sort of want to sell it now but, Jesus I dropped so much time, money, and energy into it that i don’t think i can let it go yet.

I regret installing the ET without trying it first.

Alex79 likes this.
  16. buriedoutback

buriedoutback SS.org Regular

That sucks dude ^^^

17. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Maybe check to see if there's a way to drop a 2Tek in there.

http://www.the2tek.com/engine/inspect.asp?Item=3

The top routes look similar in size, so you'd just have to make sure there's somewhere for the bridge to install around back, which shouldn't be too hard.

I've owned a few basses with 2Tek bridges and they're awesome.

Ribboz and Bearitone like this.
  18. Bearitone

Bearitone SS.org Regular

Thanks man i’ll check that out.

I guess the bright side of this is i can buy a new body routed for that bridge and use the neck and electronics i already have.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  19. Meeotch

Meeotch SS.org Regular

This seems strange to me. My Evertune holds tune so well that I just find that sweet spot at the end of zone 2 and leave it, almost indefinitely. The Evertune CAN be set up to be exactly on the threshold of zone 2/3, which admittedly is tricky, but this negates the inherent benefits of the Evertune.

Ultimately, to reap the benefits of Evertune, you lose at least a smidge of immediacy with your bends. My strategy has been to set the top 3 strings basically ON the threshold (or maybe a smidge under) for maximum immediacy when bending. I then set the bottom three strings just a bit further from that zone 2/3 threshold, since I don't bend them as much, and I can pound away on those strings without sending them sharp.

If you are hyper aware of bending immediacy, then I can understand how the Evertune would not be for you. Otherwise I'd say don't write it off yet man!

20. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

Do you think evenly and properly stretching the strings first might help to tighten that tloerance and put it in the range you want without so much adjusting? Just an idea in case you didn't think of it.