New Dillinger Escape Plan!

MattThePenguin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not grabbing me as much as Prancer did, gonna have to see more. This sounds like their old stuff which is neat

Mwoit

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sounds like Dillinger Escape Plan. More of the same.

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
I bet in the context of the record this song is even better. It clear comes out of something else. Love the relentless speeding up at the end.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
If you guys catch them on tour, say hi to their tech Anthony for me.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
that's the right way to go out. go out on top, before you become a parody of yourself like most other metal/hardcore bands who can't let go.

bhakan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm crushed that I missed tickets for this tour they're doing. They're playing a 150 cap venue in Philly and it's going to be absolutely insane but it sold out in under 2 minutes. Now that I know they're breaking up I'm even more crushed that I missed that opportunity. Last time I saw them was the best show I've been to.

MattThePenguin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm crushed that I missed tickets for this tour they're doing. They're playing a 150 cap venue in Philly and it's going to be absolutely insane but it sold out in under 2 minutes. Now that I know they're breaking up I'm even more crushed that I missed that opportunity. Last time I saw them was the best show I've been to.

There's a TBA full US tour supporting the album so there is still hope!

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
Really sad to see they're hanging it up. I was lucky to see them with the Faceless at a small bar show and I don't think it will ever be topped.

You

þ
Reaction score
Sounds like Dillinger Escape Plan. More of the same.

I would say this would not be a terrible thing. In fact, this would actually be recommended, seeing they are unfortunately splitting.

RIP in spaghetti never forgetti

gunch

30 y/o metal zooner
Reaction score
No other band has not only stayed so crushingly heavy and intense in standard(!!!) tuning but also pushed the boundaries on more structured and more melodic songwriting and re-contextualizing so many tropes and sounds because like, hey they don't give a shit, they can and you'll like it.

TENSION
BREAKCORE
CHAOS
WEIRD CARNIVAL ORGAN
sexy crooning

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Contributor
Reaction score
No other band has not only stayed so crushingly heavy and intense in standard(!!!) tuning but also pushed the boundaries on more structured and more melodic songwriting and re-contextualizing so many tropes and sounds because like, hey they don't give a shit, they can and you'll like it.

TENSION
BREAKCORE
CHAOS
WEIRD CARNIVAL ORGAN
sexy crooning

Agree. Dillinger has always been a pantheon-tier band to me. Like others have said, I'll be bummed to see them go, but at the same time glad they're doing it the way they wanted.

To quote Ben from that interview...
Ben Weinman said:
We're really excited about this new album as well, but at the same time, it's going to be our 20-year anniversary in 2017—it might be even longer because I'm not sure when I started writing songs, but the first EP came out in '97—so I think it's one of those things where we didn't want to get to the point where we're stopping because we have to or because we're old or people are kind of over it. Who knows if that would ever happen, but I feel way more empowered in making hard decisions. I don't like the idea of slowing down or doing it less often, I like to just dive in full-force and take things to the extreme because that's what this band has always been about.
Major, major respect. A watered down Dillinger would be no Dillinger at all.