New Deftones album - Ohms (released 25th Sept) Title Track video released

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Good song. That's it. It's good.
.... Still pre-ordered the clear vinyl and zine bundle...

DeathbyDesign

*Palm Muting Intensifies*
Reaction score
I thought Gore was good when it came out but I haven't gone back to it recently. It is interesting that Stef is playing a 9 string in the video (he posted an IG pic of it today) but it sounds like he is using a 6 string instead. I hope to hear some of that 9 string low end on other tracks off the album.

Quiet Coil

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
Date being involved has me interested as s/t is the last full album I enjoyed from them. This track sure didn’t do anything for me, but my tastes have definitely changed over the years. Great to still see them doing so well though, they are a bit of a Unicorn in the industry (near as I can tell).

And of course everyone’s talking about the 9 string...

What it looks/sounds like to me is “guy gets 9-string, starts using harmonizer (which would like include full octaves).“ :facepalm: Whatever works I suppose!

Last edited:

slan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I seriously feel like the only person that really liked Gore :lol:

I didn't hate it, but I felt like it was a step down from Diamond Eyes and KNY. I haven't listened to it since it came out, though. Maybe I should give it another shot.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The writing on Gore didn't turn me off as much as the production, and I'm not one to bitch about a mix typically. It's like, actually hard to sit through.

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
definitely.

I was expecting something a bit heavier for a single but maybe they'll surprise us. Gore was terrible imo. Just too meandering

Yah I don't know where they went wrong with that. There's usually something to love on every deftones album, but I couldn't find anything redeeming on Gore.