New Corelia Album 2015

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by bhakan, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

Holy shit, my body is ready for this in the AM. I don't want to hype myself up, or get my hopes up but hard not to know that the official page acknowledged all of this.

Quotes from the rogue band member/Corelias page.

EDIT: The Corelias page is saying it'll be up at 3am PST. Not staying up to get Rick Rolled but yeah, see ya'll in the morning hope it's real :lol:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    wannabguitarist and Masoo2 like this.
  2. gunch

gunch Riff Chugman

Let this be a Lesson to

1. Have a third party like a manager be in charge of information/data security
    2. Have a manager and not take a bunch of crowd funding money with the assumption that you’re going to stay together

3. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

... The year 2020, ladies and gentlemen...

4. CTID

CTID Duh-Jent

ohhhhhhhh yeah

Flemmigan likes this.
  5. MiPwnYew

MiPwnYew SS.org Regular

Doesn't get more 2020 than this.

Flemmigan and kamello like this.
  6. kamello

kamello DESU METARU!

[​IMG]

fps and Flemmigan like this.
  7. CTID

CTID Duh-Jent

the simple fact that a prank managed to draw them out of their hole after 3.5 years is pretty astounding tbh

Ataraxia2320 and Flemmigan like this.
  8. wannabguitarist

wannabguitarist Contributor

I hate to admit I got really excited in the minutes leading up to midnight EST, but I also love how this hero actually got a reaction out of those scumbags :lol:

9. kamello

kamello DESU METARU!

srsly tho', nobody has speaked to any of their past members (Ryan Borrel, Spencer) or crew (whoever was recording this) to know wtf happened?
    their session bassist told they just ghosted him after the album was practically done, maybe we could message him to atleast read the album through tabs, sheet or whatever (I would be happy even with that)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  10. CTID

CTID Duh-Jent

to my understanding the remaining members have done their best to fall off the map because they don't want to be held responsible for $33k worth of money owed to their fans. it really is a shame, nostalgia is great and thankfully i was broke back when they did this crowdfunder or i'd probably be one of the pissed off investors who got nothing out of it

Ordacleaphobia likes this.
  11. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Shameless Contrarian

Man oh man, the comments on that official post are priceless. Not even a veneer of respect left; guys just going for the throat. Can't say I blame 'em.
    You know what would be funny? Is if given the fact that the band posted, if they were behind the whole thing in the first place, fake page and all. :lol:

12. CTID

CTID Duh-Jent

nah, he said who he was in a post and plugged his band. what's interesting about it though is that they thought it was a member they'd lost contact with, so someone from the band dipped out a year ago and cut them off

Flemmigan likes this.
  13. Frostbite

Frostbite Periphery Shill

Well this was boring and stupid. Boooo

14. Opion

Opion Sir Mattafer

I thought about this for a little bit the other day, what if their whole “We lost contact with a member of the band a year ago and we think this person is that individual” excuse was total bullshit, made because they really didn’t have any excuse and wanted to get ahead of the game potentially if in fact this person really was an ex-member? Surprise surprise it was just a troll, but they really have run out of excuses at this point. That money is long gone and they all are hiding their tracks as best they can. Really sad because I spun Nostalgia a lot.

Someone commented “People have grown out of this style since this whole bullshit went down, that’s how long it’s been since we’ve gotten an update from you” and that just hit the nail on the head :lol:

15. fps

fps Kit

The band had nothing to gain from not releasing an album. I love the meme above and making a joke about it all, but there must be something really heavy going on for this to have happened. If I'd donated I'd be angry for a little bit, but it's a crapshoot doing these things, and what do musicians want to do, NOT release music? It's not like they've gone and bought their own islands with robot butlers off the back of thirty odd thousand dollars.

16. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

^That's certainly fair. If it was a hustle, well, Danny Ocean's not going to be calling them any time soon. At the same time, though, communication is free, and when people who paid money are held beneath the dignity of an explanation, imaginations run wild and resentment grows unnecessarily. If something happened to the band or the recording that precludes its release, I don't see how that could not be communicated succinctly and with respect to the individual members' privacy.

Ordacleaphobia likes this.
  17. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Shameless Contrarian

Yeah, I was kind of on this train for a while but hopped off once they started doing their whole "social media bad" routine.
    The way they started going out of their way to withhold as much information from people as they could and pretend like everything was fine was unbelievably shitty. That was the nail in the coffin for me. If there were serious issues at hand, there's no reason- zero- for them to act as dodgy as they did.

The only excuse I can think of that would actually hold water would be some sort of gag order from a major legal issue. Even then, I can't imagine a situation where they wouldn't even be able to announce that "due to ongoing legal matters that we are not at liberty to discuss, the album's release will have to be postponed indefinitely until things get sorted out. Thank you for your support and we'll update you when we can." Mic drop. Done. Nobody's pissed.

Right hand to god I honestly think that things went a little off the rails, production got sidelined, and while everything was delayed but still moving (kind of) despite genuine difficulty and people started to get loud, someone along the way realized they could just throw their arms up, "screw this," and there's nothing anybody can do about it- so they took the easy route and the rest followed.

Albake21 and fps like this.
  18. GunpointMetal

GunpointMetal SS.org Regular

One of them probably blew the money on a dog and Jerry Garcia in a pouch before the rest of them knew what was going on.

downburst82 likes this.
  19. Frostbite

Frostbite Periphery Shill

Jesus christ that pulled a memory out of the furthest reaches of my brain

downburst82 and GunpointMetal like this.
  20. GunpointMetal

GunpointMetal SS.org Regular

Given the source I'm surprised it could be pulled out, lol. I probably watched that movie 300 times between 99 and 04.