New Cloudkicker album "Solitude" released today

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by slan, Sep 4, 2020.

1. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

I gave it a full listen today and loved how he immediately hits you with a heavy track. I got a lot of Beacons and The Map is Not the Territory feels from this one and I love it. The last few took a few listens for me to get into but that was that same instant love I had for his earlier, heavier stuff. Glad to see he hasn't lost any of that mojo. Will be buying this next time bandcamp has a day where all proceeds go to the artist but godDAMNIT I want more CD releases.

This album also seals the deal for me: Ben Sharp is one of my favourite drummers and I'm not even sure he's sat behind a kit. :lol:

2. coreysMonster

coreysMonster So long, Germany!

Waay back in the day he posted that he got an electric drumkit from the Cloudkicker sales, so he's definitely had a drumkit at some point :lol: . No idea if he ever used it on any recordings though.

BlackMastodon and budda like this.
  3. Vletrmx

Vletrmx ζ

IIRC he tracked the drums on an e-kit for Let Yourself Be Huge and I'm pretty sure they were tracked by another drummer for Fade. Not sure about the later albums, though.

coreysMonster likes this.
  4. Flemmigan

Flemmigan Snoofin' your gear

It might be my favorite album of his so far, and that means a lot since I basically thought Subsume could never be beatem. 94 Days is one of the coolest songs he's ever done, but the whole thing is all killer no filler; I mean, even the technical "filler" is pretty killer.

Agreed that it's super inspiring. I haven't had much time to play lately, but I got really pumped and played bass for an hour straight last night.

BlackMastodon and slan like this.