New Carcass song and EP!

slan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The first two seconds and you know it’s Carcass. The drums don’t sound like them at all though, new drummer?

I think it's the same guy they've had since Surgical Steel, but it's not the original drummer.

wakjob

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Mix is a little rough... but yeah... I smiled through the whole thing :wub3:

Razerjack

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Wow, I thought I fell out of love with Death Metal in general but new Carcass got me all giddy again. If this track and 'under the scalpel blade' are meant to be b-sides, the actual new album is gonna be another instant classic.

SexHaver420

🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️
Reaction score
The last single they put out was better than this one. This one is alright tho.

I'm just glad Bill Steer is doing vocals again. His vocals are killer.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Is the EP the release they’ve been working on? Or is there a full album in the works? Their strong sense of songcraft and melody means they are a cut above.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Reaction score
This is part of an EP that's being released due to the delay in the actual album (delayed by COVID, eg tour, merch, the pressing of the album itself). The material on this according to the Carcass dudes didn't quite make the cut for the album, however they felt that since they had promised new material in August that they'd release something anyway.

xzacx

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Was excited to hear new Carcass. Then I heard new Carcass and was less excited. Not terrible but not my favorite—by the time it finally picked up about 2 minutes in I'd already lost interest.

JimF

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I enjoyed this more than Surgical Steel. Not sure why but I couldn't get into that one. I wonder how much contact they have with Ken at the minute? I vaguely remember him having some input on Surgical Steel.
For anyone not in the know, the original drummer Ken Owen, had a brain haemorrhage about 20 years ago and was in a coma for a while. So him drumming on the album wasn't really possible.

Bogner

Rock N' Roll Machine
Reaction score
Always happy to get new music but this is not as good as I had hoped. Still, not bad...not bad at all.

Semi-pro

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Damn! This is some good sh1t! A little ironic that one of the best aging bands are called Carcass :lol:

Sammy J

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I love Carcass, but honestly this new track didn’t do a lot for me. Perhaps it’s a grower, I didn’t really like Under the Scalpel Blade that much at first either.

I guess it’s a B-Side off their new one, so I’ll hope the new material that made the cut is stronger.