New Build - Heretic Paradigm 6

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by HaMMerHeD, Mar 10, 2018.

1. KR250

KR250 Build addict

Deep breathes, set it aside for a bit and tackle it again later. Sucks to see that so close to the end. Maybe some careful sanding while masking off the surrounding area?

2. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD Bass Player in Exile

No. It's got to go.

3. Defyantly

Defyantly Aspiring Builder

it's got to go to the shelf for a bit not the burn bin! It's still in great condition you just need to reset your outlooks so you can come back to it with a fresh perspective.

4. HaMMerHeD

So I have this "body blank" i made some years ago that is a really cool piece of padauk on top of some african mahogany, with a maple veneer between. It was cut into this wide 'strips' so that I could make some horizontal laminates as well.

112_maybe.jpg

I may repurpose it for this...I'm not sure yet.

I would need laminates between those blocks to make the thing wide enough, probably incorporating at least some of the neck woods to unify the design. But I think I really want to do something simpler.

Simpler, like a 5/16" ash top and back, with a 7/8" walnut or mahogany core.

I'm not 100% decided yet.

The only thing I am quite certain about is the purple body will die a very painful death.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  5. HaMMerHeD