New Bill Kelliher (Mastodon) ESP signature?

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
First Act has a very interesting history and story.

They started as a cash grab by a large corporation, brought on some musicians to lead it, who then tried to take it another level, but flew too close to the sun, then it all fell apart and was bought by a toy company.

That was all in the span of about a decade.
To this day, anytime I see talk of first act I wonder why anyone is talking about the Maroon 5 guy’s $100 Target guitars.

Reinholderx

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Always wondered what those First Act 9 strings were like but never seen one in the wild.

Dekay82

I WANT the fret nibs
Reaction score
Always wondered what those First Act 9 strings were like but never seen one in the wild.
I think they only made the ones for Bill, Brent, and Matt.
The sig looks cool, I’m interested. Still gassing for a Yamaha SG2000 since my deal with ishibashi fell through. The prices are stupid now.

I would bite the bullet and just get an SG1000, but my GAS money is allocated for an RRR explorer (year long wait).

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
I think they only made the ones for Bill, Brent, and Matt.
Nope. There were a few other DC9s made. All custom ordered obviously because something like that isn’t really suitable to be a production model. (Not enough interest in the market.)

Nick Sadler of Daughters still has his absolutely legendary DC9 and posted some photos of it on his Instagram fairly recently. (It’s instantly recognizable.) Seems like he is breaking it back out.

John Baizley of Baroness also had a custom DC9 in addition to the crazy DC6/DC12 double-neck guitars that he had commissioned. (One red and one white.) The FACS actually had an exact duplicate of one of Baizley’s DC guitars that they sold off.

Matt Schulze (musician and actor) also had a black DC9.

And I guess it goes without saying that I actually had one pass through my hands a long time ago. I’ve seen one or two come and go throughout the years. (Seen one DC12 come and go as well.) Rare as can be though, as you can imagine.

Last edited:

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I think the closest I've seen to one besides someone famous was Does It Doom bought a 12 string one and took 3 of the strings off.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
I think the closest I've seen to one besides someone famous was Does It Doom bought a 12 string one and took 3 of the strings off.

Right here.

I've personally thought that this guy was kind of annoying (especially because I tried to deal with him on Reverb once), but it seems like over the past year with the pandemic/quarantine, he has done what a lot of other YouTube content creators have also done: taken all of the available free time to improve their content by conforming to the formula for YouTube videos.

tarzegetakizerd

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That double cutaway style looks a little awkward (at least to me). For me, the best double cutaway style guitar in terms of looks are the Hamer SAT series, aside from the SG of course

angl2k

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
There's actually bee a couple of custom order Eclipse DCs. Kirk Windstein has(had?) one. There's some dude named John Rox that has like two of them. There was also one available in Japan briefly.

It used to be a standard model in 2010 (seems to be the only year in production), but it's not in the USA catalog probably because of copyright issues.

Here's the 2010 export model catalog:

upload_2021-4-12_12-0-35.png

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score
original.jpg