new AxePalace RG2027XLS Limited Run (Satin Silver)

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by soldierkahn, Feb 8, 2019.

1. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

It really boggles my mind actually. Every combination and weird thing practically has been done by Ibanez, but not this basic obvious thing. Then you see pros with something like I'm describing from the LA Custom Shop. Like they can't build it by contract or something. I mean they even built a 7 string bass with the 2 lowest strings as a fretless and the top 5 as fretted with all kinds of exotic wood on it. they have cheap models with Black Ebony and no dots but then the hardware or body is cheap. They make everything I'm looking for a part here and part there from different guitars. I would just part them out but then they make none of the parts work together from those guitars. By the time you'd invest everything you might as well get a custom made. I just can't believe it's been 20 years and they still haven't done it. I've been buggin them about it for 20 years, consistently and they just ignore me. What gives? I need 2 more of them for backups. I need one to take outside my house and one as a backup. This one doesn't leave home. It's my precious. I'm like Gollum with it : )
    - I like carved tops mainly because of comfort. I prefer the looks too, but I really don't like arm bevels. They make it harder to play for me. I can pivot my arm perfect on the Carved Top. A flat-top Rg with no bevel would work just as good too and possibly cost less to make. The arch top also gives room for the right hand middle, ring, and pinky fingers when playing fast or specific things so your fingers don't jab into the body too. It's all this little stuff I don't ever hear people talk about.
    - The most realistic thing from them is probably an Rg752 with an blank black ebony board. Of course it will come in bubble gum pink with purple poka dots, but what would really make my day is to just not carve that bevel better yet to make the body an Rga, but with all the rg752, 7620, 1527 etc type neck on it with a Lo PRo Edge. Then I could finally stop the cycle of trying to find backups.

possumkiller likes this.
  2. zimbloth

zimbloth Nick // Axe Palace Vendor Forum MVP

What you seek isn't realistic unless you get on a special run like the ones we do. Maybe Ibanez isn't the right choice for you. Look into an ESP Horizon perhaps. Getting Ibanez to agree to do anything is a full time job.

3. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

I don't get it they make cheaper and more expensive and 6 string versions, just not a 7 string RG or RGA one. I want to be the first to know if you ever think about doing a limited run like this (my main axe). The back of neck is 3 piece maple and has a volute, and the back of body is flat like an rga, not carved out thin like an rga. More like an rga7 original would be. I don't need the double edge or fancy inlay, but a blank black ebony board, bass wood body would work great and flame top would be even better. The neck is modeled after an rg2027xvv with medium frets etc. It's the most killer guitar I've ever played for what I like. Oh, Emg routes too. Get a run of these and I will save dibs for 2 of the closest matched heaviest weighted ones you can get. This guitar is a beast at 9.8 lbs. That binding is not binding it's scraped edges tof maple to look like natural binding. Even a skeleton of this would be awesome.

IMG_1373.JPG

kamello likes this.
  4. bmth4111

bmth4111 SS.org Regular

Definetly agree with Ibanez doing everything but a simple blank ebony board guitar with a lo pro.

Yes a blank ebony board rg752 or rga lo pro would limited run would be amazing!

c7spheres likes this.
  5. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

Idk man I've been waiting since like 2002 for ESP to make their plain old black M2 as a 7. I know they have made a few 7 string MII designs now but they always change something to screw it up. Non reverse headstock, or vintage plus headstock, full binding all over, painted neck on a bolt-on, disgusting spalt veneers with black burst edges and mixed hardware and pickups with hatchet marks in the covers... Like the most simple obvious thing is the most difficult. Take an MII Deluxe and add another string. That's it.

Masoo2, c7spheres and bmth4111 like this.
  6. dirtool

dirtool SS.org Regular

The binding just take it to another dimension

7. TheShreddinHand

TheShreddinHand Uber Stringer

2027 run is looking great! I can't wait till the rhodonite run, so pumped to get mine when they come in!

zimbloth likes this.
  8. Geetarguy

Geetarguy Contributor

Heres another shot

Attached Files:

9. possumkiller

I love it! It's like a K7 but better!

I play music and Geetarguy like this.
  10. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 lifetime novice Contributor

Yeah that is pretty sweet.

11. zimbloth

Follow us on social media and join our private Facebook group to get heads up on future runs. We also sometimes get feedback from people on what to do next. As for not understanding why Ibanez doesn't do this or doesn't do that: Ibanez is a very complicated company to work with. I could write a novel about this topic. Frankly, I think we're lucky to get as much variety from them as we do. If you go back 10 years, the Prestige lineup was barren, had like 3 guitars, mostly gloss black boring shit. They've come a long way, but they're stubborn about things.

ESP has a ton models/variety, but it sounds like you should just order a custom shop ESP then you can get whatever you want. It's easily done. Both ESP USA and ESP Japan make M-7s.

Thanks!

12. possumkiller

Yeah but the custom shop mark-up is pretty killer. $5-6k for something that is essentially an Original Series M-II Deluxe with an extra string is just difficult to justify.

Also, I'd be all over that USA M7 FR but they put the Vintage Plus headstock on it and are not flexible on changing it to a reverse blade.

13. zimbloth

You can always get the E-II and refinish it. We have a guy who does that. Pickups are easily swapped if you were bothered by the battle worn covers, etc.

possumkiller likes this.
  14. Type_R3387

Type_R3387 SS.org Regular

Just wait till you guys get yours. I got a few pics from Vic at the Axe Palace and the finish is insane!

Geetarguy likes this.
  15. Nick

Nick SS.org Regular

Unlikely that will happen as it's not 1986. I agree with you on a lot of points but people seem to just want 'moar moar' at the expense of class these days so thsts what brands put out.

On topic I just took delivery of my blue 2027xl and it's a beast!

16. Musiscience

Musiscience Hail the Ibbyborn!

Maybe not the right place to ask this, but what happened to the satin desert sun yellow RGD run? I was waiting to see a NGD when they were announced.

17. Geetarguy

Geetarguy Contributor

As a huge fan if the K-7, im reserving judgement until I get my hands on it. On paper/spec wise id have to agree. It all depends on the feel of the neck, how it sounds and resonates. I should have one of my two RG2027XLS tomorrow if all goes well. Im super pumped to get these matching ladies!

18. Geetarguy

Geetarguy Contributor

Please post any pictures you have in addition to those already posted homie!

Type_R3387 likes this.
  19. Type_R3387

Type_R3387 SS.org Regular

20. Geetarguy

Geetarguy Contributor

Type_R3387 likes this.