new AxePalace RG2027XLS Limited Run (Satin Silver)

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by soldierkahn, Feb 8, 2019.

1. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

2. soldierkahn

soldierkahn BAD MAMMA-JAMMA Contributor

no problem brother. and i do agree, if you actually use your trems or think you will eventually use them, this mod is definitely not one you want. Hell, i wouldnt even recommend it to the "hard tail" trem folks either, unless they just REALLY hate the feel of the Edge Zero. While not as amazing as the LoPro, i would at least give the Edge Zero credit for being damn near equal in quality. To get the EZ into a usable fashion on my RGD, after locking it down, i screw all the fine tuners as far in as they'll go, and then back them out exactly 1.5 rotations (i score a line on my fine tuners to help with making extremely small adjustments). This gives me the lowest saddle height to make them parallel with the body, while leaving me just enough room for adjusting them individually.

i will say this, to the average person, this mod is completely unnecessary, which is why i get so much salt when I mention it anywhere. its not without its own merits as they are absolutely right that its unneccesary. This is a personal preference choice of mine and is most likely shared by very few other folks. trust me, Id rather have a replica body built for a guitar but only have it routed for the Fixed Edge LoPro, but you cant buy that bridge directly anywhere. You have to pretty much buy one of the 3-4 models that Ibanez released with them (the first generation MTM1, and JS2000 are the most widely known) in order to obtain one and thats a pretty pricey move just to take the bridge out.

c7spheres likes this.
  3. Geetarguy

Geetarguy Contributor

C0DD4CA5-2188-4D9E-9650-C925518CC162.jpeg E7D88BB2-C579-44AA-9453-22CE697233C8.jpeg Mine came with Luminlays...... J/K. I had them installed, well worth the extra $ if you ask me. Super awesome job.

4. nikt

nikt LACS Lover

You've got it with set of grey PAFs like on K7 or is it only the light?
    <3 sparkle

aesthyrian and Geetarguy like this.
  5. Geetarguy

Geetarguy Contributor

You would be correct! All my Silver/Gray guitars have gray Dimarzio PAFs. So 7 guitars in total. Lol

aesthyrian, Dumple Stilzkin and nikt like this.
  6. Geetarguy

Geetarguy Contributor

Except my LACS 7 has black covered PAFs as I took EMGs out. Not my thing.

7. Geetarguy

Geetarguy Contributor

Use a luminlay charger for better glow!

Attached Files:

nikt likes this.
  8. Xibuque

Xibuque SS.org Regular

Well, it is not the first time Axepalace mention luminlays on the specs and the guitar does not come with it. Same happend to the Transpurple US Schecter.

anthony.drake, Geetarguy and Masoo2 like this.
  9. Geetarguy

Geetarguy Contributor

Unfortunate, however, these companies that work with dealers on limited runs do not always have the best communication. Its very easy for a little detail to get lost in translation. Roll with the punches bro. The AP and Nick have always done a great job and fixed whatever mistakes have been made right, wrong or indifferent. Hands down best dealer to work with. There should be more shops like his.