New affordable V-shaped guitars out there?

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by Shrediablo, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Shrediablo

Shrediablo CC Deville Jr

Hey guys! I'm on the lookout for a backup guitar to go along with my Jackson RR1. I've been through a couple of guitars as of late such as a Washburn Solar V, Ltd Alexi-600 and a Gibson Voodoo flying V, but quality-wise I didn't like them that much. Anyone know some good new V-shaped guitars from the likes of Schecter/Dean/BC Rich and so on? Some lesser known brands would be interesting as well! Price range: $1000-1200. I prefer guitars with floyd rose and ebony fretboard, but all suggestions are highly appreciated!:metal:

2. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

Schecter
    [​IMG]

Chapman
    [​IMG]

3. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire only the dead have seen the end of GAS

an esp arrow or hex7 might be up your alley.
    [​IMG]

4. Shrediablo

Shrediablo CC Deville Jr

That Chapman V looks insane!:eek: Will have to look into those! Anyone played one? Love the Arrow-shape as well, right up my alley!:hbang:

5. BouhZik

BouhZik SS.org Regular

Jackson pro series? KV or another RR. it's under 1k euro. This year almost every pro series model got Ebony board and Floyd Rose. if you are into Jackson it should fit pretty well imo.

6. xzacx

xzacx SS.org Regular

You can easily find another RR1 used for $1000-1200. KV2 aren't as plentiful, but shouldn't be too much more expnsive when you do come across them.

No Floyd, but I think they new Gibson Vs are pretty nice too. At least the few I've played in stores. Might be harder to find used, but even their new prices are pretty much right where you're looking. Current ones come with Dirty Fingers too, which I think work pretty well on them.

(Edit - just realized you're not in the US, so I what I said about USA Jacksons might be worthless to you - I don't know what the market is like there)

7. Shrediablo

Shrediablo CC Deville Jr

I've been looking on some RR1's and KV's on ebay, so if the perfect deal is I just might buy! Norway is a bit tricky with overseas-shipping adding additional custom fees and stuff, so it's not the ideal solution. I've had some bad experiences with this earlier unfortunately. Thanks for all the suggestions guys! :hbang:

8. couverdure

couverdure No Gear Day

I saw an Ibanez VBT700 that's in a very good condition yesterday and the store manager told me it costs PHP39k (36k if cash, both around your price range). You should get one of those if you find one in your area since they were only produced for a year.

9. Jujex

Jujex SS.org Regular

10. Shrediablo

Shrediablo CC Deville Jr

Wow, I really like this one! Those specs for that price is awesome, so I think we have a frontrunner here!:agreed:

11. Jujex

Jujex SS.org Regular