New 7-String Jeff Loomis Jackson Signature

cardinal

F# Dive Bomber
Reaction score
Mine came in yesterday , initially expected to arrive in April or May , watched it for a week or 2 getting dates earlier untill the exact shipping date last thursday ... 5/5 stars to Thomann and UPS ....

Love the 26,5 " , also awesome is the allready installed push-in arm system in the 1500 series Floyd Rose . My conclusion is that this guitar does not need any modification ; it's beatifull as it is , and very comfortable overall when played . It's quite heavy though , but I don't mind ..

View attachment 103458
Man that looks awesome. Congrats!

iff

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Mine came in yesterday , initially expected to arrive in April or May , watched it for a week or 2 getting dates earlier untill the exact shipping date last thursday ... 5/5 stars to Thomann and UPS ....

Love the 26,5 " , also awesome is the allready installed push-in arm system in the 1500 series Floyd Rose . My conclusion is that this guitar does not need any modification ; it's beatifull as it is , and very comfortable overall when played . It's quite heavy though , but I don't mind ..

View attachment 103458

Man that looks so good!

It's a shame there's no 6 string version - I've recently been lamenting the lack of any decent all black 6 string Soloists with sharkfin inlays until you get to the USA range or the new MJ series. I'd even consider the black SLX but they decided to throw on gold hardware for some reason.

Ron Head

keep calm raise hell
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Not going to do a preorder so I'll just have to wait until they start to show up in the US. How's the fretwork on the one you received?
It's flawless , no dead spots , nice clean ends , love'em , the whole neck actually

Ron Head

keep calm raise hell
Reaction score
Man that looks so good!

It's a shame there's no 6 string version - I've recently been lamenting the lack of any decent all black 6 string Soloists with sharkfin inlays until you get to the USA range or the new MJ series. I'd even consider the black SLX but they decided to throw on gold hardware for some reason.
oow , check out the family pic - on the gold theme - a bit further on ;)

Tree

-________-
Reaction score
Damn, that looks good! I definitely don’t need it, but the GAS is building.

Rotatous

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
.. about those headstocks , just love the hockeysticks , big or small ; the Loomis is just perfect though : View attachment 103473
I know this has been brought up a million times, we can all see that the headstock is clearly different than the usual 7 string Jackson headstock - but in what way/ways? In the stock photos it looks massive but here it looks skinnier/almost smaller than the other two. Is it just the photo? I'm not a Jackson guy so maybe someone can spell it out for me.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I know this has been brought up a million times, we can all see that the headstock is clearly different than the usual 7 string Jackson headstock - but in what way/ways? In the stock photos it looks massive but here it looks skinnier/almost smaller than the other two. Is it just the photo? I'm not a Jackson guy so maybe someone can spell it out for me.

It is skinnier. It's the same as the USA 7-string version (which is the slimmest one they make). Yet people still found a way to complain :lol:

Surveyor 777

I measure things
Reaction score
Congrats Ron - that looks great!

I decided last week that I'll be getting one of these - whenever they are in stock. I have Jeff's Schecter (one of the later models before it was discontinued - so not the tinted neck/fretboard version) and love that, so am excited about this.

Originally was unsure of getting this. Got my first Jackson (DKMG back in the mid-2000's) and the neck was/is OK, but nothing great. Last year I got a couple of the SLX Soloists, used. Just got around to getting one of them set up earlier this week. Wow - I think I'll be using this as my main guitar for a while. The neck is quite different from the DKMG - much slimmer and more comfortable.

So I'm hoping Jeff's Soloist has a neck similar to this. If so, I think I will be very happy.

iff

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Originally was unsure of getting this. Got my first Jackson (DKMG back in the mid-2000's) and the neck was/is OK, but nothing great. Last year I got a couple of the SLX Soloists, used. Just got around to getting one of them set up earlier this week. Wow - I think I'll be using this as my main guitar for a while. The neck is quite different from the DKMG - much slimmer and more comfortable.

This also surprised me about Soloists. I'd played other Jackson models in the past and had dismissed them for years because the fretboards just felt so wide. I recently happened to try a couple Soloists at a shop and found them super comfortable. I grabbed a Dinky nearby to confirm, and yep - they felt quite different, like the string spacing was much wider