Neural DSP teasing something new (Quad Cortex)

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Jan 7, 2020.

1. bmth4111

bmth4111 SS.org Regular

Exactly what I was looking for. Just wish some of the already released plugins came with the unit! I agree having a bar protecting the screen would have been a smart addition. Surprised no expression pedal but that's a easy addition. The form factor is great even tho a rack would have been better for me.

2. Thaeon

Thaeon Cosmic Question Asker

I'm not opposed to a package deal that includes the sims. Based on the hardware processing power, the unit is worth the price of entry. If the included 50 amps are of the same quality as the software suites they've released so far, this is one hell of a product and I'm sure it sounds every bit as impressive as the software. The other side of this is the Archetype and Fortin based stuff is probably licensing agreements with Fortin, Nolly, Plini, and Tosin. For each sale, there's probably a pay out to each involved name. Neural lured you in with those products, and then gives you this. I'm sure that as this is their exclusive baby, they want to keep licensing to those specific people out of it. I would be upset if the tones I'd based things off of weren't available on the floor unit at all.

cwhitey2 likes this.
  3. GunpointMetal

GunpointMetal SS.org Regular

No, it's like buying an amp modeler from a software company and being confused why they didn't include their own software.

No, because the plugins are priced individually, well, well, well below the cost of the hardware....

So if you bought a $150 software suite, and then someone spend $1500 and got that software suite, you'd feel ripped off?

Ordacleaphobia likes this.
  4. Lifestalker

Lifestalker SS.org Regular

Agreed! Would be super cool to have them included, but I don’t feel it’s a requirement. It’s like getting mad at Fractal for selling their IR’s. Trying to please everyone is impossible.

5. mikah912

mikah912 SS.org Regular

It appears that the Input 1 and 2 also accept TS or 1/4" plugs.

6. Frostbite

Frostbite Periphery Shill

I understand exactly where people are coming from. I just don't see it as a big deal. If you bought the plugins, you got the plugins.

7. GunpointMetal

I see where this is going....smaller units like "Cortex Plini", "Cortex Nolly".....

Vegetta and Wolfhorsky like this.
  8. Beheroth

Beheroth SS.org Regular

doug castro is the elon musk of music gear

GeckoNox likes this.
  9. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

It's like if Diezel put out the VHX but it didn't have a VH4 channel, just a 5150.

Mathemagician likes this.
  10. SamSam

SamSam GAS problems

If my potential cost for the entire set of products (hardware included) is 2100 and someone else is getting the same for 1500, less than a year after they were released I could completely understand why someone would be upset.

To clarify; I own one piece of their software (nameless) and I have preordered the floor unit. In my case it would be great to include all of their plugins because, obviously it would benefit me.

But most of their plugins are very new and therefore, to me, it makes sense why they would exclude it.

Honestly I think it would be more realistic for them to include the amp/pedal suites, but exclude the artist sets. No modern modeller should be missing a darkglass sim in 2020. I think that is a fair compromise.

Again to reiterate; I would personally benefit from their inclusion (greatly), but I understand why, at this point in time they would exclude them.

Beheroth likes this.
  11. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

Maybe there’s a big plug-in suite to load everything that’s on this and their other plug-ins coming in 2021 and that’s why they aren’t included since you’d need to buy each one separately to use in it. That or licensing deals since an outside artist or manufacturer is involved with all the plug-ins.

So back to the unit if this has the profiling capabilities of the Kemper with the horsepower, effects and tweak ability of the axe-Fx then it will be a game changer.

12. Lifestalker

Directly from the Neural DSP website. 1/4" cable is all that's needed, if that's what you want.

[​IMG]

GunpointMetal and StevenC like this.
  13. GunpointMetal

That makes a lot more sense for the inputs. Picture must be a mockup and they couldn't find a combo jack, lol.

14. SamSam

SamSam GAS problems

As soon as I read we can load our plugins into it I preordered. The nameless suite is my go to right for low tunings and the only one I've used that I've been happy with for my eight string guitars. I am considering this and the fm3 and plan to have it in a rack box anyway so I not too worried about the switching (for now).

15. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

nah dude you add a pitch shifter block and set it to +7%

USMarine75 and MASS DEFECT like this.
  16. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

Combo jacks included and no dlc's, ok? If I get this, then Nameless is going right in :D What I'm disappointed is lack of on/off button. Not sure about touch screens in these kind of devices, but maybe it's the future.

17. Lifestalker

The lack of power button surprised me. Since it's an easy addition, mine will be getting the necessary mod. lol

18. Spinedriver

Spinedriver SS.org Regular

Now those would make a lot more sense. The Steinberg UR22 I have uses those connectors as well. I just kinda skimmed over that one and saw the 'mock up' picture. As they say, the devil really is in the details.

Lifestalker likes this.
  19. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

I'm impressed we made it a couple posts before people started whining about price / content :lol:

budda, Backsnack, Beheroth and 8 others like this.
  20. Wolfhorsky

Wolfhorsky Regular idiot

This might be incredible: Nolly on right with its own delay repeats and Plini on left with other delay. Ooo I will wait for demos to hear it. I am 90% sure I will buy it.