ArtDecade

Tartuffe
Reaction score
cut.gif

cut.gif

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
Were those homophobic comments moderated? I can't seem to find any on this thread.

EDIT: I guess you mean the cross-dressing comments. I couldn't care less about that. Pretty much every artist dresses weird anyway.
These pair of pretty disgusting comments. And there's some more subtle stuff.

I liked Polyphia at their very beginings. Then they become boring and schematic with that noodling played on both guitars at the same time in 3rds or 6ses. And then they switched to that glitchy, anoying cleanish chucka chucka music. To me it is like a shitty version of rap music but played on the guitars. And their image/outlook become cringy AF for me with that excessive gold, furs, tatoos, make-up, non binary stuff. I read somewhere that Tim doesn’t listen to „guitar music” and hates it. All he listens to is rap. And it kinda shows.

Crossing dressing then doesn't make cross dressing now any cooler.

sevenfoxes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It’s funny how we sometimes hate what’s “new” and upcoming/popular.

The thrashers hated the hair metal guys, the hair metal guys hated the grundge dudes, the grundge dudes hated the nu metal peeps, the new metal peeps hated the emo kids, and the emo kids…well, I don’t know what happened to them. Lol. But djent seemed to be the next big thing after that.

Ironically, a lot of modern metal music is a fusion of all those things. It’s like we don’t even know what direction to go in anymore.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Apparently a lot of people puts "not liking something" and "hating" in the same bag.

You can't like everything. But that doesn't mean you have to hate to death those things.

Hate is a waste of energy. But so is listening to something you don't like so you are not deemed a dinosaur by the internet.

I like plenty of modern bands and artists (I even linked a video of Ichika Nito from the same "scene"). I just don't like douchebag "acts". :shrug:

Last edited:

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
These pair of pretty disgusting comments. And there's some more subtle stuff.
I had to read the second comment a few times before I realized the the cross dressing comment could honestly just be stylistic distaste rather than homophobic.

One could easily have a distaste for it as a trend thing because it kind of devalues the idea of some people making it part of their identity. On the other hand, trends normalizing it could have a sparticus effect.

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
Geez, did I log onto TGP by accident?
If those two comments are homophobic then i dont think you know what homophobic is....

Then again though if this thread is about to go to THAT direction then it better lock it down quick.
OK, queerphobic or LGBT-phobic. Between that and calling the Japanese guy's persona more "elegant" than the guys with hip hop influences, and this thread is not pretty.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Geez, did I log onto TGP by accident?

OK, queerphobic or LGBT-phobic. Between that and calling the Japanese guy's persona more "elegant" than the guys with hip hop influences, and this thread is not pretty.

I said Ichika has a more elegant persona because he's a super nice and polite person instead of an arrogant douchebag. Is that homophobic? Jeez..... :facepalm:

I'm sorry but this is getting ridiculous.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Is there a guitar forum out there that strictly bans all types of political, gender, religious talk and actually only talks about music and gear type stuff? Where is that forum?

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Since when are musicians supposed to conform to an identity standard? Since when are all musicians supposed to be nice and perfect? God forbid someone not dress all in black and have long hair that they spin around in circles while they play.

Tim henson can play. There's no denying that. If you don't like the image and everything that goes along with it, then don't...listen... to them? lol

Polyphia is a little too pop for me, but I don't mind their stuff. In fact I had it on yesterday. #OmgImNotCool

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Since when are musicians supposed to conform to an identity standard? Since when are all musicians supposed to be nice and perfect? God forbid someone not dress all in black and have long hair that they spin around in circles while they play.

Tim henson can play. There's no denying that. If you don't like the image and everything that goes along with it, then don't...listen... to them? lol

Polyphia is a little too pop for me, but I don't mind their stuff. In fact I had it on yesterday. #OmgImNotCool
I still want to see all the examples of him being a douche. I may not be into the music much or like his fashion sense but I still wouldn't call him a douche based on what I've seen. That could quickly change I guess but I don't have it out for him but would like to see some examples we keep hearing about.

ArtDecade

Tartuffe
Reaction score
I still want to see all the examples of him being a douche. I may not be into the music much or like his fashion sense but I still wouldn't call him a douche based on what I've seen. That could quickly change I guess but I don't have it out for him but would like to see some examples we keep hearing about.

I don't really have a horse in the race because at the end of the day, I don't really care. That said, I don't think the kid is a douche, but he comes across as a bit pretentious when he has a signature guitar, signature guitar pickups, and a signature guitar tone pack while making statements like: "I hope that guitar music dies. I want it to die a painful death." Like, mate, don't bite the hand that feeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.