Neural DSP Archetype: Tim Henson

Status
Not open for further replies.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
then why are you choosing to be offended by someone referring to you as a boomer?

the words aren't the same because no one has been lynched or thrown off a bridge for being in their 50s. stop victimizing yourself.

i don't know anyone personally who implicitly hates people that are older than them for being older than them. they hate when the older generation deigns to descend from their ivory tower to dispense what they think is wisdom they've gained from the sheer fact that they were born earlier and haven't died.

1fe001793c8e0fbd7c7928c091dc8c1a.png

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
then why are you choosing to be offended by someone referring to you as a boomer?

the words aren't the same because no one has been lynched or thrown off a bridge for being in their 50s. stop victimizing yourself.

i don't know anyone personally who implicitly hates people that are older than them for being older than them. they hate when the older generation deigns to descend from their ivory tower to dispense what they think is wisdom they've gained from the sheer fact that they were born earlier and haven't died.

to be closer to being on topic: if someone has no interest in a plug-in, then they don't need to fucking buy it. I'm not going to buy it, and i have no interest in tim's personal life. i think polyphia's music is cool. if you don't, that's fine. just don't listen to it and move on with your life instead of writing 13 pages of arguments over how cringe you think a person is - which has no bearing on their music or this plug-in whatsoever

I'm not offended by it and don't care if someone calls me it either way. I'm not a victim of it. I never said anything like that.

Mathemagician

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
--Public service announcement ---
The youngest boomers are in their mid 50's, not their 30's and 40's. Calling an older person a boomer is like calling anyone else any other offensive or derogatory term.

Boomer is just an age group. Anyone getting mad at hearing that is just mad that when they say something out of touch it gets mocked.

Personally I think it’s funny as hell when someone calls me a boomer. Because it’s also like “yeah, maybe I should consider another opinion”.

Us older folk know what this is;
MHXBoomer-Kuwanger.jpg

For you younger folk, this is Boomer Kuwanger

You can cut off the octopus arms with these. And get the extra heart tank.

Ataraxia2320

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I know I said this thread was cancer but my 2c on the whole boomer thing is that while it may not be comparable to a racial slur (which by the way is something c7spheres never said) it is comparable to calling someone a dickhead, a cunt, an asshole etc in this context, except it has an ageist connotation also tacked on.

If you wouldn't go up to someone and call them a dickhead/cunt/asshole out of civility but you are fine with calling someone a boomer then you're playing some mental gymnastics.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I know I said this thread was cancer but my 2c on the whole boomer thing is that while it may not be comparable to a racial slur (which by the way is something c7spheres never said) it is comparable to calling someone a dickhead, a cunt, an asshole etc in this context, except it has an ageist connotation also tacked on.

If you wouldn't go up to someone and call them a dickhead/cunt/asshole out of civility but you are fine with calling someone a boomer then you're playing some mental gymnastics.

I have to agree on this. 99% times I hear the word "Millenial" it goes together with mockery of some sort (usually from "Boomers"). It works the same the other way around. When Millenials, Gen Y, Z or whatever call somebody a "Boomer", 99% of the times it's meant to ridiculize them.

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
I have to agree on this. 99% times I hear the word "Millenial" it goes together with mockery of some sort (usually from "Boomers"). It works the same the other way around. When Millenials, Gen Y, Z or whatever call somebody a "Boomer", 99% of the times it's meant to ridiculize them.
Self-aware wolves. You've got all the pieces, just haven't put them together.

For quite a while, millennial was the boogeyman term for young people are ruining everything. Of course, this wasn't the case because things were ruined when we got here and it was just being applied as a new way of saying "young people these days".

Anyway, being the meta bunch that we are, boomer was coined in reference to this as a way to ridicule anyone using "back in my day" style criticisms of the world today. I've been called a boomer and seen people younger than me be called one. We all realise what it means, but people out here that have never heard of knowyourmeme get bent out of shape because they want to use the internet but not partipate in any of the culture involved.

It's a more succinct way of saying "your lack of nuance or engagement when discussing this topic implies you are set in your ways to the extent only very old people are, so I will reply with the same amount of nuance." This got famous when someone replied to Charlie Kirk (a millennial) who was 24 at the time and is younger than Tim Henson.

Last edited:

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I want creative insults back. I hate this yawn fest canadian slap boxing without punches. Not even attempted ones.

Everyone acts like such an offended pussy when nobody is even putting any effort into the insults. Soon as I hear "boom-" I know I'm about to hear barely any bitch slaps in the distance as I walk to my much more exciting knitting class.

I'm spanish. Our swearing and insult vocabulary is hilariously massive, so I'm not worried :lol:

Luckily I rarely hear these buzzwords outside the internet anyway.

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm spanish. Our swearing and insult vocabulary is hilariously massive, so I'm not worried :lol:

Luckily I rarely hear these buzzwords outside the internet anyway.
Today I learned I want to be Spanish.

Status
Not open for further replies.