Neural DSP Archetype: Tim Henson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaura

matching headstock fetishist
Reaction score
Just dropped today. Has anyone tried it yet? I gave it a quick spin and it sounds pretty good.

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
iu

destroyerdogs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Who wanted this?
A lot of people, I've seen it requested at least a thousand times. This plug-in will probably sell like crazy, the dude's got a ton of fans.That being said, Tim Henson's tone sucks and it seems unnecessary for him to have his own plug-in - from a monetary standpoint it makes total sense though.

laxu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It has some cool features so I might try it sometime but so far the Soldano SLO plugin has been the only NeuralDSP plugin that I've been interested in buying. Still might get the SLO if it's on sale during Black Friday or Christmas.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
From what I see online Tim to kids starting guitar nowadays is what Alexi Laiho, Paul Gilbert, Yngwie Etc was to us growing up. I’d be interested to know how well it sells, ignoring how Neural are saturating their own market.

Really? I recall the dudes you mention having great tone.

Well... Maybe not Laiho :lol:

nonoknapp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Worth it for the vocoder/multivoice section alone. Really beats setting up the sidechain to the midi track and tweaking a vocoder

Mathemagician

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not surprised to see this happen as this guy is definitely doing a LOT to get more and more kids into guitar/guitar music.

Lots of comments in his YouTube videos are people saying they came from other videos/songs that were either remixes/collabs, somewhat related pop, or just recommended by the algo. So their fan base is pretty diverse/not just a bunch of metal kids.

Deadpool_25

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I really like some Polyphia stuff. They’ve gotten prett damn cringey (which is likely where most of the hate comes from, and understandably) but their skills are pretty fucking great.

I like the tones/songs on Muse and the ones on Renaissance are fine—fits the style imo. The Most Hated…mehhh.

With all that said I really have no desire to buy this plugin. It’s about 4 years late to catch my interest. I will say I dig the plug-in’s aesthetics.

wakjob

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If it doesn't have a "Twink" preset...I'm out! :gayfight:

P.S. I really dig Polyphia, and have been following them since they hit the scene.

KnightBrolaire

mass cultivator
Reaction score
this shit seems pretty redundant with abasi, nolly and cory wong suites tbh. The only really novel thing is the multi pitch shifter, and that's not worth the money for me personally.
I'm not a fan of Polyphia/their music (except for 40 oz, that song is catchy as all hell and fun to play) but the dudes can play. It's too bad they've leaned into that whole trap beat IG friendly wankery though.

Status
Not open for further replies.