Neural: Archetype John Petrucci

broangiel

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This reminds me I still haven’t checked out the Gojira Archetype. On FB someone pointed out the Joey Sturgis Misha Mansoor plug-in has been taken off the site so my guess is a Misha Archetype unless he is planning something with GGD.

They really shouldn’t have announced that as a feature. It caused so much trouble and as you said it’s still not implemented if it even will be anytime soon.
If they omitted all the “not ready” stuff from their announcements, there wouldn’t have been much to announce in the first place.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Yeah a Misha Archetype makes sense to me. One I definitely won't be buying, as I found Archetype Nolly and Plini get pretty much every sound Id ever need.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
I’m still going with a Meathead. I’m HOPING they pull the swerve of swerves and the pic is meaningless, allowing them to unveil an Ultra Lead sim.

KnightBrolaire

OnlyPointies™
Reaction score
I’m still going with a Meathead. I’m HOPING they pull the swerve of swerves and the pic is meaningless, allowing them to unveil an Ultra Lead sim.
reamp studio has a UL sim already fyi. It's pretty good with third party IRs. It would be interesting to see another UL sim on the market tho

katsumura78

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah a Misha Archetype makes sense to me. One I definitely won't be buying, as I found Archetype Nolly and Plini get pretty much every sound Id ever need.

Well Misha’s toneforge plug-in got an update recently so probably not an archetype for him. Rabea would be a cool one, Aaron Marshall maybe? At this point they’ve covered a lot of ground with modern high gain so I hope it’s actually something worth while.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Well Misha’s toneforge plug-in got an update recently so probably not an archetype for him. Rabea would be a cool one, Aaron Marshall maybe? At this point they’ve covered a lot of ground with modern high gain so I hope it’s actually something worth while.

Doing a Rabea Archetype would be kinda pointless since he just uses the Kraken VX100. It would make more sense to release it as a single amp "suite" instead. That would definetely see my money, though.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Doing a Rabea Archetype would be kinda pointless since he just uses the Kraken VX100. It would make more sense to release it as a single amp "suite" instead. That would definetely see my money, though.

He actually uses more than the Kraken. He also uses a 5150, JVM, and JCM900

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
He actually uses more than the Kraken. He also uses a 5150, JVM, and JCM900

Recording... Maybe, but still... I rarely see him playing anything else than the Kraken (or the Kemper). The Kraken is supposed to (sorta) bundle the tones of the amps you mentioned in a single amp. Live he uses two of them in stereo with a bunch of fuzz pedals. I'd find far more interesting to have a Kraken suite that another damn 5150 sim. NeuralDSP alone has three of them already.

Seriously, I hope they do something different this time. Archetype: Cory Wong was very, very cool (it has the best clean ampsim I've heard in VST format). Please no more 5150s.

Last edited:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Please no more 5150s.

c484342c69562e5960fc2a8951d87c74.png

MrWulf

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
yeah let's have an amp that is not a derivative of 5150 for once. We have like what, 3 of them in various forms already?

Flappydoodle

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The world really doesn't need ANOTHER periphery-related product, lol. The GGD stuff is nice, I guess. But the Misha ToneForge was really shit and those guys are total endorsement whores and will throw their name at anything, lol.

Fortin, again, I'm kinda over it. Nameless, NTS and Cali really seems like "enough"

There's still no *good* Mesa Rectifier sim out there IMO. So I'd be more excited for that.

ENGL or Diezel sim would be cool and I'd definitely check it out. STL had a go at Diezel in the Will Putney and Lasse Lammert suites, but I'm sure Neural can do it better. ENGL I haven't really seen since those in plugin form since the free LePou stuff.

KnightBrolaire

OnlyPointies™
Reaction score
The world really doesn't need ANOTHER periphery-related product, lol. The GGD stuff is nice, I guess. But the Misha ToneForge was really shit and those guys are total endorsement whores and will throw their name at anything, lol.

Fortin, again, I'm kinda over it. Nameless, NTS and Cali really seems like "enough"

There's still no *good* Mesa Rectifier sim out there IMO. So I'd be more excited for that.

ENGL or Diezel sim would be cool and I'd definitely check it out. STL had a go at Diezel in the Will Putney and Lasse Lammert suites, but I'm sure Neural can do it better. ENGL I haven't really seen since those in plugin form since the free LePou stuff.
UAD/plugin alliance have licensed ENGL and Diezel sims fyi.

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The PA ENGL Savage is great, although I do wish STL or NDSP would do one since I think the PA sims all sound slightly dull (I nevertheless have half a dozen of them at least and they're definitely good enough in the mix).

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score

Mercuriall has a pretty Killer sim of the E530 preamp.

Flappydoodle

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
UAD/plugin alliance have licensed ENGL and Diezel sims fyi.

Yeah, I played both and they sound pretty terrible IMO. Noisy. Noise gate sucks. Cabinet impulses are very "meh".

But if this is a Neural "archetype" rather than an official model, then they could do Diezel or ENGL (like how Nolly was blatantly a 5150)

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
267926863_1236264796860537_8360394299627037212_n.png

these LEDs are fairly unique, aren't they? should be easy to guess the amp...

Yeah, I played both and they sound pretty terrible IMO. Noisy. Noise gate sucks. Cabinet impulses are very "meh".

But if this is a Neural "archetype" rather than an official model, then they could do Diezel or ENGL (like how Nolly was blatantly a 5150)

the Plugin Alliance built in impulses are just horrific. Plugins sound good if you use other ones. I actually use the Engl Retro Tube on an album and loved the tone. Really makes me wanna get the real amp.. very cool and unique sound.

Deadpool_25

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
267926863_1236264796860537_8360394299627037212_n.png

these LEDs are fairly unique, aren't they? should be easy to guess the amp...

the Plugin Alliance built in impulses are just horrific. Plugins sound good if you use other ones. I actually use the Engl Retro Tube on an album and loved the tone. Really makes me wanna get the real amp.. very cool and unique sound.

That amp head is white isn’t it?