Need info about an ibanez 7

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by TheManInBlack, Feb 10, 2007.

1. TheManInBlack

TheManInBlack Well-Known Member

i found this ibanez seven string for sale on a car forum that i go to frequently. the seller didnt have photos of the guitar or the model number listed but uploaded some photos of what it looks like. the photos shown are of the rg7321...the biggest thing with me is that model has a bound fretboard which i prefer. even though it does nothing for the sound of the guitar i just prefer it as a visually appealing feature.. my esp ec1000 is loaded with it lol. i asked the seller if the guitar has the bound fretboard and they said they werent sure but they think it doesnt. if my memory is correct i remember they made a low end 7 string a few years back that didnt have the bound fretboard. it makes me think this is that older model. anyone know the model number or a price range it would be worth now?

2. Allen Garrow

Allen Garrow Famous Beaver Hunter

It depends. The 7321 is the only one that has a bound neck. Then there was a 7421BK which has no binding made in Japan and listed for around $750 back in 99 to 2000. I've seen those go for 300 to 400 on ebay.

There is also a 7621BK ( black ) WH ( white ) M-BOL ( Black oil ) which had no binding also made in Japan, retailed for around $999 back in 98 to 99. I've seen these sell for 400 to 500 on ebay.

Obviously pics will tell the story, get a serial number as well, that way it can be verified which model it actually is. The above 2 mentioned Japanese models are very much the same.

~A

3. hirah

hirah Contributor

don't forget the 7 string gio, which was even cheaper than the 7321.

4. TheManInBlack

the person wanted 400 plus shipping for it which makes me wonder about it. the new 7321s are 380 new online. they said its the same model the korn models are based off. i dont know enough about them to know either way. i guess best thing is either get the model number and or get some actual photos....

5. Stitch

Stitch Banned

Photos would be best. $400 for an actual K7 isn't bad at all (!) but most of the other models aren't really worth that - at least any of the more common ones. A 7321 at $400 is just a joke.
    Is he shipping it with a case?

6. TheManInBlack

once i get more detailed info ill make my decision...if its not what i want i may look at others. possibly a baritone guitar

7. TheManInBlack

well i have a serial #.... CE9928804 and its made in japan...going by that information its a 1999 model and according to the ibanez catalog that year they only had the RG7261 w/fixed bridge....so this maybe seem like a silly question....how good of a guitar is that model??? what would be a good price for it..i know i can get it for less than 400 shipped...

8. JPMDan

JPMDan IT'S OVER 9000!!!! Contributor

hmmm thats odd, the starting numbers for a 7620/21 is F not CE this is very interesting. I had a 7620 that was a F99 and have yet to see this CE. Anyone have any ideas???

9. Metal Ken

Metal Ken Hates the Air Contributor

they usually say "CE" somewhere on there, its not part of the serial # though.

10. TheManInBlack

correction on the model...it could be a RG7421 or the RG7621...they came with the RG7421 mid year.....i have idea how to tell in the production run this one came out.

11. JPMDan

JPMDan IT'S OVER 9000!!!! Contributor

well either way you're in good hands, they are both Made In Japan and the quality is superior compared to the 7321.

12. Metal Ken

Metal Ken Hates the Air Contributor

if the tabs for the pickups are triangular, they're 7621s. if its rounded off square, its a 7421

13. metalfiend666

metalfiend666 - Forum MVP

Seriously, get him to post some pictures. That way we can tell you for sure what model it is and from it's condition what it's worth.

14. Naren

Naren OldschoolGhettostyle

It's hard to tell without any pics. :agreed:

15. Stitch

Stitch Banned

But either way, you should consider it. The neck on it will be pure sex. :lol: