Need honest opinion: Adam Monitors or Yamaha for room studio

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Obscurabeast2002, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Obscurabeast2002

Obscurabeast2002 SS.org Regular

I need an honest opinion for i am starting to record in my room studio, im looking for the 5" versions to be precise.

2. Nicki

Nicki SS.org Regular

I'm assuming you're comparing the Yamaha HS5s to the Adam T5Vs since they're in the same price range. Personally, I'd go with the Adam Audio T5V for the better tweeter. However, you may also want to consider the Kali Audio LP6. They're better than the HS5s, near as good as the T5V and cheaper than both.

Obscurabeast2002 likes this.
  3. ChrispyFinch

ChrispyFinch SS.org Regular

I went with the 7" Adams and am definitely satisfied. I can only assume the 5" is just as nice. Are you planning on matching a sub to the pair?
    I only ask because the 7" has just enough bass that i dont think i'll need a sub for my hobbyist space. The 5" though....you may find lacking some low end coverage.

4. AboutBlank

AboutBlank SS.org Regular

If you have any specific questions about the T5V´s or the T-Series in general please feel free to write me a PM oder shoot a message via the contact form on the ADAM Audio website.

Cheers

5. RevDrucifer

RevDrucifer SS.org Regular

I’ve got HS5’s in my studio (14x14 room) and I’m honestly scared to even move onto something else. I’m so used to them now that I don’t want to have to re-learn a new pair.

They get pretty damn loud for being as small as they are. Louder than I’ll ever need them to get. I did need to get a sub though. Not nearly enough low-end to get an accurate reading of what’s actually going on down there. I found some random Yamaha sub, I’m guessing from a home entertainment system. Works fine for filling out the low end and like the speakers, I’m so used to how it sounds that it’s another thing I’d have to re-learn on something different.