Need help with Dimarzio 7 pickup identification.

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by malufet, Sep 19, 2015.

1. malufet

malufet ss.org Irregular

I just bought a used Dimarzio 7. They say it's a Blaze 7 neck but I have my doubts because it doesn't have an engraved part number at the back. It only has a sticker with a handwritten note that says DP700.

Pictures below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pastanator

pastanator electronic musician

DP700 is the Blaze neck part number
    Blaze

3. s2k9k

s2k9k SS.org Regular

I see a lot of part numbers hand written on pickups. And it does have the same type of poles as a Blaze.

4. malufet

malufet ss.org Irregular

I know DP700 is a blaze neck but it is hand written. I could write DP707 on it and pass it on as a liquifire 7.

The picture of the back of my other Dimarzio 7, Notice the engraved part number. I took out the sticker on the DP700 and nothing under there.

[​IMG]

5. Petar Bogdanov

Petar Bogdanov SS.org Regular

What's the DC resistance on the coils?

6. TheRileyOBrien

TheRileyOBrien SS.org Regular

What would be the point of "counter-fitting". They all cost the same and maintain roughly the same resale value. Liquifire has different pole pieces. There is no reason to believe it is anything other than a blaze. It has the correct poles and the number matches. The only Dimarzio 7 string pickups with those poles are Blaze, Evo, Deactivator, Super d.

Dimarzio has changed back plates and serial markings many times over the years so there is no other way to visually confirm anything.

The only way to know for sure is to measure the dc resistance....But that has to be a Blaze.

7. malufet

malufet ss.org Irregular

ok, Most dimarzio I got has an engraved part number. This was written on a shty sticker. That raise a red flag for me. I don't own a voltmeter.

8. Chokey Chicken

Chokey Chicken mouth breather

Lots of companies just slap a sticker on there. A few of the ones I can personally recall have had the model name on a sticker, though it was printed and not hand written. The baseplate is dimarzio, the the model number matches how they're built. (ie: pole pieces and whatever.) The only reason to re-label a 700 as a 707 and vice versa would be to troll, considering both pickups are both the same price and worth.

You bought exactly what you meant to, so I wouldn't worry about it.

9. malufet

malufet ss.org Irregular

Yeah the stickers on it would be printed not hand written. This is probably an OEM pickup pulled from a guitar. I'll try to get a voltmeter.

10. setsuna7

setsuna7 Poor Gearwhore

Hi guys, how bout this one? [​IMG]
    is this OEM too? Is a voltmeter the only way to know? are those numbers mean anything?