Need help mix and playing etc

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by vejichan, Jan 12, 2020.

1. vejichan

vejichan SS.org Regular

2. shnizzle

shnizzle johnny

i think the mix is ok. has a kind of 80´s vibe. it´s interesting. the playing could be a bit tighter and cleaner in some spots.

3. vejichan

vejichan SS.org Regular

Thanks Johnny

Are u still using overloud? Can u share some presets

4. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

I'm just going to copy and past my post from your last thread, that you didn't reply to:

There were a lot of really good posts in that thread as well, after mine, which you should go back and read, most of the gist of which being that you really need to figure out what you're trying to do here, and it's pointless for us to keep giving you feedback without a better idea of what your objective is here, especially since nothing in your posts seems to suggest we're getting through to you.

5. ScatteredDimension

ScatteredDimension Sixstring Regular

At this point it feels like he's just spamming.

I mean he has implied a few times that he is listening, but still continues to do the same thing. After Johnny's comment he should tighten hi's playing :p It's frustrating for the ones who are taking the time to listen and actually give feedback (which is definitely not a given) and coming back and seeing that there's already another thread asking for feedback on another 45 second long riff :D I'm just gonna observe this from the outside from now on :D

6. shnizzle

shnizzle johnny

nowadays i actually use Mercuriall Reaxis and Spark for my tones. but for tracking i use the TH3 stand alone app. i´d rather suggest you watch some tutorials about dialing in tones with it and try applying the workflow yourself. it´ll help you more in the long run than just copy/pasting someone else´s tones just to end up disappointed that it doesn´t sound the same and not knowing how to tweak it.

7. vejichan

vejichan SS.org Regular

I use reaxis as well. Thanks for the advice

8. vejichan

vejichan SS.org Regular

Just fyi but I am making adjustments on the song ...I am listening to everyone comments but as stated the only thing i am not doing is rerecording because I dont have access to my guitars since I am barely home.

9. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Agreed. Honestly, while I'm always happy to try to help people, I feel like I'm just wasting my time here.

Mixing and recording is something that takes a LOT of work to get good at. Dumping new clip after new clip on here with little commentary and no real indication what, if anything, is changing from clip to clip, but never sticking with anything for more than maybe one round of revisions, makes it impossible to really tell if you're making any progress or just getting feedback and then ignoring it and doing the same things again.

And that's ignoring the 800lb gorilla in the room, which is that a good mix is a very subjective thing, much like a good song, and while there are some general boundaries you should probably be inside, as much as anything else it's a matter of figuring out your sound and style.

You still haven't managed to answer a question about what your ultimate goal is here. Instead, you're spending your time asking which VST people are using and if they'd share their presets with you. IMO, you're focusing on totally the wrong things, and that's going to seriously limit your ability to improve your mixes. The tools matter WAY less than your ability to use them.

ScatteredDimension and Omrat like this.