Need headphones for jamming on Bias / Guitar sims

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by elkoki, Jan 23, 2021.

1. elkoki

elkoki SS.org Regular

Just like the title says. I need some quality (hopefully not too expensive) headphones to use with amp sims. For a while I used Behringer Hps3000's which are surprisingly nice for their price but my wife smashed them after years of use. Any recommendations? Preferably under $100

2. NoodleFace

NoodleFace Delicious Noodles

It's a bit over, 150ish or so. But I got the beyer dynamics dt770 pros for this and they are great. A lot of studios use them too.

3. Furtive Glance

Furtive Glance "Bite my glorious, golden ass!"

I second the 770s.

But for $100 I always recommend the Sennheiser HD280 Pros. I had a pair for a decade and used them for everything - the fact that they folded up was great and made taking them on planes that much easier, too. I gave them to a friend as a gift when I "upgraded" to the Beyerdynamics. I actually think I might pick up another pair they were so great.

4. FancyFish

FancyFish bruh

I had a pair of Sony MDR-7506s a while ago and I enjoyed them, though they are a bit tight. I used to use the AKG K240s and I think they're great for the price but I recently upgraded to the AKG K553 MKIIs and I like them a lot more than the K240s. They are 200 new, but they can definitely be found for under 100.

5. CerealKiller

CerealKiller SS.org Regular

I can also recommend the DT770. I use them with my Fractal stuff, they sound awesome and are very comfortable to wear.

6. feilong29

feilong29 SS.org Regular

I second this. Best headphone purchase I've made.