Need advice! Need a monster for brutal death!

Marv Attaxx

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Morbid Angel and Behemoth recorded a whole lot of stuff with the Universe, too :wavey:
EDIT: sry, behemoth was rg1527 :)

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
The sound from the Apex/K7 aren't going to make you sound like Korn...just like the Universe isn't going to make you sound like Vai. Those guitars all play well enough for the price. I prefer the older UV stuff, but that's just personal preference. Signature series guitars are more about appearance and feel for an artist. The tone is still in the fingers.

You probably shouldn't write off the Schecter Loomis just based on where it's made either. The 26.5" scale helps a bit with the lower tuning. The maple board feels and sounds great. The neck profile might also feel more comfortable to you since you have large hands. I haven't heard many people ever complain about quality issues with the Loomis guitars.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Another Ibanez vote here - I would urge you to look into the RGD2127Z because it already comes tuned to A, and is a teensy bit sharper than the RG shape... looks super brutal:

Electric Guitars - RGD2127Z | Ibanez guitars

I haven't played one but loads of people say they're really awesome... Prestige series so it's made in Japan as well.

astm

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Buy an RG1527 an mod EVERYTHING as you want. You'll have some extra bucks for the booze then

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
Ibanez RGD 2127 with Bareknuckle pickups, talked to Nick about the pups right for you and you will be in brutal heaven in no time

/thread

BlackWinds10

Kick em in the nuts!
Reaction score
Actually behemoth used the RG7620, and I have one in the exact color nergal had his in. And I can tell you dude Dont write basswood off because its still awesome for death metal, But I agree with the other people on the RGD2127z if I had the money id be all over one. Or you could consider yourself a Strictly 7 custom? Jims an amazing guy and would be happy to work with you.

littledoc

Go meat!
Reaction score
I think a nice downtuned Telecaster would be perfect.

:shred::metal::hbang:

Seriously though, I add my voice to the RGD2127Z. Big scale, factory down-tuned, Prestige quality and if for some reason you don't like the pups you'll have more than enough cash left to swap 'em.

theicon2125

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I highly recommend the Loomis NT because I love mine. I also think a Chris Garza sig would be great (that is my next guitar) but if you must have a Japanese or US made guitar go with the RGD 2127Z (I would put in some Blackout phase 1s, gives it a beastly sound)

Stealth7

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I play one of these and they're GREAT guitars!

picture1vk.png

And if you can look past the shitty graphics, See about one of these.

7kk.jpg

slayercannibalsuffohead

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sound amazing for steve-vai-like music? Or it's amazing on extremely-hi-gain too? I don't play korn-like nu metal, i play death metal, please notice that.

Mate! Seriously, before you pull the trigger on anything, find a K7 and play the damn thing!
I hate Korn, but the guitar is the best guitar I have ever played.
Mahogany body, a D type neck to die for, and a pretty flat radius at 17" (2001 model). Just gotta replace those "PAFs" and you are done.
These things are worth their weight in gold.

I play brutal shit too, Hate Eternal, Suffocation, Morbid Angel, Bind Torture Kill etc .....
and it handles it like a dream.
Then when I wanna play some Exodus or Slayer, its just as impressive as a 6 string substitute.
These guitars (at least the 2001 model), will go down in history as the 5150 of the amp world, they are seriously that good!:hbang:

DrBloodyJack

Total guitar geek
Reaction score
Thank you all for advice dudes, but... i have some problem with RGD series.
In Russia (my home country) no music shops where i can find new 7string RGD, only 2120z. Even official dealler haven't this model. On russian ibanez web-site (ibanez.ru) only RGD2120Z, and there are no used RGD2127Z in russia :( on ebay i didn't find it too.
I had idea about RGD before, cause one of my friends from sweden have this one, but there is that problem.

DrBloodyJack

Total guitar geek
Reaction score
Stealth7, look down.
1. I already sad about korean guitars, read this thread one more time.
2. This warlock made from maple, i had 6-string japanese maple walock 5 years ago... and i had it for 2 weeks. cause of shitty sound, i sold this. i like maple only in bass guitars, especialy rickenbackers, my brother have one.
3. I disliked horny shapes 3 years ago :)

Imalwayscold

Is actually warm
Reaction score
ESP Guitars & Basses - Russian Website

I would jump on that T-7. Only because you live in russia and you can get it there :lol:

In all seriousness though don't discredit a guitar if it is a signature. I've owned quite a few 'signature' guitars over the years and I have never played the style of music as the original artist (for example I used to play tech death metal on an ibanez js100! Awful guitar but for some reason it fit well and sounded good).

The K7 and Apex guitars as previously stated do have awesome necks and specifications, you should definatly consider getting one :)

dsquared

Reaction score
Ishibashi has a sweet K7 for sale on the bay, and you'd have plenty of $ left over for new pickups if the stock ones aren't your taste.

Latest posts