Neck Shape and Comfort

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by Empryrean, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Empryrean

Empryrean Plucks strings

I've been starting to play my 7 a lot more again and I guess im coming to the point in my life where I'm not as flexible anymore, my wrist gets hot and starts to be difficult to play and eventually hurts and I have to just stop. I never have this issue with my sixes or the 8 I built. Just my Ibby giving me issues.. anyone else have this problem? Any recommendations?

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong subforum

2. AndiKravljaca

AndiKravljaca SS.org Regular

For some strange reason, I can't seem to get along with overly thin necks. The best, most comfortable guitars I have are the ones with the fattest necks. They're the ones I can play for hours on end without tiring, whereas thin necks tend to give me a pain in the fleshy part between the thumb and forefinger of the left (fretting) hand.

Maybe it's just my hand automatically expecting the diameter of a beer can after all these years.

Shredi Knight 777 likes this.