NBD: Orange Creamsicle

Avedas

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

It's bonus season and I got a bit extra from my company this time around, so I figured it was as good a time as any to pick this up. It's my favorite Dingwall color and there aren't really any of them around anymore, so I had to jump on this one.

It sounds monstrous, is surprisingly lightweight, and super comfortable to play. I haven't spent a huge amount of time trying to build tones but I got a pretty decent setup based around the Fabfilter Saturn. I've also been trying out the new Neural DSP Parallax free trial which has been fun. Looking forward to spending more time with it.

77zark77

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
those are really exciting me ! Orange is not an only appealing thing, the whole thing is !

Merrekof

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I bought a combustion last year. It is by far the best music related purchase I have ever done in my life! So I'm pretty sure you will also get a lot out of it. :D

Avedas

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I bought a combustion last year. It is by far the best music related purchase I have ever done in my life! So I'm pretty sure you will also get a lot out of it. :D
Yeah, I've never had a 5 string bass feel so natural in my hands. I'm 99% a guitarist so I'm basically pretty shit at bass but the Dingwall carries me hard. I've been loving it so far.

Merrekof

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I played my Dingwall for 15mins when I decided I was gonna sell my other bass, no regret at all.
My previous main bass was an LTD B-5E wich was an awesome bass. But nearly every 5 string bass has a problem with loudness of individual strings imo, unless you compress/limit your signal. A sweep never worked because 1) it is f*cking hard and 2) there are always notes popping out or the low b sounds muddy and underwhelming. My Combustion fixed both of these problems! It made me play better and try out new techniques I couldn't before.
And yes, it does feel natural. It feels like regular frets are wrong. :D