NBD - Ibanez SR205! Orange goodness!

Discussion in 'Bass Guitar Discussion' started by Opion, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Opion

Opion Sir Mattafer

So since I got my X3 Live to work in Reaper and laid a basic track down I figured now's the time to get me a bass for general recording/fucking around purposes. Thankfully the local music store (that is becoming richer and richer off me monthly... :eek:) had stocked some new Ibby basses...I'd always wanted one but never had a reason to. Figured I'd pick up this thing for $250 and see how far it'd take me. So....onto the pretty pics!

[​IMG]

Full-body shot....not so Hi-res.

[​IMG]

Close-up, better quality (the X3 live snuck in the picture!)

The knobs have this weird way of making the light shine a weird way against the body, you can kinda see it in the above picture and this one, pretty neat:

[​IMG]

Some more hi-res closeups:

[​IMG]

The orange is pretty badass. One of the reasons I liked this so much is so it'd stand out from all my other guitars :lol:

[​IMG]

Thick ass strings! (excuse my nasty fingernail, wasn't looking at that when I took the picture :wallbash:)

[​IMG]

Sweet action bra! Quite a nice healthy fretboard when compared to the other basses I played. The other basses had that dry look to their fb's while this one looked like ebony from a distance.

General consensus: Badass instrument, good beater, feels and plays comfortable as hell, very responsive (for an Agathis body of all things!), light as a feather.

I'm probably going to drop in a pair of EMG pups since that's almost the standard thing I and mostly everyone must do to any new budget-model Ibanez...depending on how it sounds played back of course, since I've only had it for a few hours. Slapped some D'addario's on it and it plays/sounds a bit better. Reading reviews of this model almost everyone says they had to do a complete setup inside and out before they got this thing to sound good, however it plays and sounds fine with no major buzzing issues, straight neck, etc.

And now....my Ibanez family pic! :hbang:

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoyed! Now I can get back to playing this thing :shred:

2. SYLrules88

SYLrules88 I play drums!

i love that color. its bright and lively without being annoying. personally a maple fretboard would look really hot with that color, but a gorgeous guitar nonetheless!

but next time, i suggest removing all pubes before taking photos :lol:

[​IMG]

3. Opion

Opion Sir Mattafer

Whoa....I can't believe you caught that. Cause I sure didn't :nuts: Guess I didn't finish wipin' her down after I had my way with her....:lol: