NAMM: Orange Dual Dark 50/100

Orren

Industrial Metalhead
Reaction score
Oh sure, use an awesome custom shop 7-string and never make use of the low B. :squint:

I noticed that too. :/

I don't play a 7-string, but I do have an octave-down 6-string tuned to E, so I'd have been curious how it handles something that low. My guess is that it should handle it pretty well, considering Channel B is the Dark Terror channel, which is based on the Thunderverb channel, which is suitable for bass.

OTOH, this was the first video that I thought fully cleaned up the amp to show it's clean tones. The NAMM videos all showed it "cleaned up" but really that was more edge-of-breakup less gainy sounds, not real clean. And FWIW, I thought it had a nice, thick, classic Orange clean.

Orren

wheelsdeal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Cool amps but 1750 euro for the 50w and 1850 for the 100w??Cant justify that price.The 50w is more expensive than the Rockerverb 100.Maybe prices will drop..

Chuck

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Humbucker has them listed in Coming Soon section around May 1. Judging by the existing price sheet they sent, they should be a bit cheaper, probably sub $2k for the 50. Which is still expensive, but I really like this amp. I may have to make some stuff disappear to buy it.

Insinfier

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Humbucker has them listed in Coming Soon section around May 1. Judging by the existing price sheet they sent, they should be a bit cheaper, probably sub $2k for the 50. Which is still expensive, but I really like this amp. I may have to make some stuff disappear to buy it.

I'll expect an AW-7 Dual Dark demo from you if you do.

Fellow AW-7 owner. :wavey:

cGoEcYk

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Does the original Dark Terror make a great bedroom amp? I noticed my 5150 doesn't really sound great until the volume hits a certain threshold. I wonder if the Dark Terror would be a little more suitable for my uses.
I found that if you want the gain to fill in you have to run it well beyond a minuscule volume level. I mean... say you live an apartment and have a neighbor it's probably a bit loud for that. If you just want to jam and hear yourself clearly and not scare the dog then it's just right. Cabinet matters too... I mean a 4x12 is going to be a lot louder than 1x12 at the same settings.