NaLex Amplex: Crunchman metal test

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Jobam-Martins, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Jobam-Martins

Jobam-Martins Guitarrista

Hey guys!
    I tested this great amp simulator yesterday. This was my mixing with the "Crunchlab" simulation. It's the tone of a Friedman BE-100 amplifier, as I was reading. Nalex did a great job here. Thanks for sharing such a great simulation.

For this mixing I used Catharsis and IM reverb IRs(Impulse responses)

This is an A.r.s guitars Custom model with Pink Cedar body(Acaiacá wood) and only one pickup: Dimarzio EVO7.

For the lead guitar I used an A.r.s guitars custom as well, Marupá wood with a dimarzio D SONIC bridge / Seymour duncan hot rails in the neck.

The response of the Amplex with the IRs are great. I'm going to test the other tones as well. I recommend using it in Your mixing!

Thanks for Your attention!

sh4z likes this.
  2. sh4z

sh4z SS.org Regular

Very well played, thank you for sharing your experience with the amp simulator.
    Clean tone is very nice. The distorted tone is pretty good for a sim, could use more boost imo, but thats just me.

Checked out Hardgainer on Spotify, some pretty cool tracks! keep shredding :metal:

3. Jobam-Martins

Jobam-Martins Guitarrista

Thank You very much, man!
    I'm still practicing my mixing and mastering so I'm creating these videos as a way to learn from people with opinions,sharing experiences. I will test this tone with more boost , like You said.
    NaLex created more simulations. I'm gonna to test them as well so I upload here. There are many brutal amplifiers from that list.
    And thanks for listening to my band. Cheers!