NaLex Amplex 2120 Metal test: Haunted shores - Sentient glow cover

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Jobam-Martins, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Jobam-Martins

Jobam-Martins Guitarrista

Hey guys, how are You? I hope You're fine.

I'm still testing some mixing with these NaLex Amplex Vst plugins.
    Last week I listened to this great track by Periphery and then I was searching and found out that actually it was released years ago by Haunted shores. I really liked this track. The way Mark Holcomb and Misha Mansoor composes their riffs is very interesting. The voicing,melodies and open chords, awesome ideas.

I was wondering how it would sound if I used a 5150 simulator. There is one in Amplex called "2120". So I recorded a video and did a mixing/mastering using the following Vst plugins:

NaLex Amplex 2120
    Ignite amps NadIR
    TSE 808
    Mt power drum kit 2

The guitar I used for this is a Dean ds91 with a Schaller pickup in the bridge.
    The bass I'm using is a Tagima b5.

The results are in this video. Thanks for watching. Feel free to comment and say Your opinions. Like I said, I'm still learning how to mix and master tracks. Any comment helps. Thanks!

-niko- and DrakkarTyrannis like this.
  2. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about the Amplex. I know it's new but there's barely anything out there about it.

You definitely got it to sound good. I wasn't all that thrilled with it but I haven't really gotten into it. Just flipped through the amps.

3. Jobam-Martins

Jobam-Martins Guitarrista

Yeah man, Amplex is very cool. I met a vocalist and We recorded a collab doing "All that remains - This calling". I will upload as soon as possible. I tried out the Engl simulation. This plugin really helps anyone that is on budget.