NAD Peavey teal stripe bandit 112

Gmork

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Holy shit! with an od to boost and the depth finder in the fx loop its INSANELY "brutal"!! Sounds freakin awesome!! Was inspired to go ahead and make a video for it. Listen to that! Total suffo/dyingfetus tones, call me crazy but its right up there with the vh140 and ss150!

Last edited:

Necky379

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That’s sick, I converted mine into a head and run the SotS HM-2 + MT-2 setup up front. They really do some of the best Death Metal tones.

Great video as always, sounds killer

Gmork

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@HeHasTheJazzHands ive wanted a supreme since forever! Ive never seen one for sale near me.
@Necky379 thats awesome! I dont know if i could bring myself to chop this thing up but if i had another id definitely think of doing that!

0rimus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I bought the Master Effects Marauder pedal specifically to do the whole HM-2 boosted death metal thing (into whatever power section my little heart desired)...

But I was pretty shocked by how good it sounded completely on it's own. Minus the huge hifi lowend it kinda reminded me of the Randall V2 I used to have.

Necky379

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I haven’t but maybe some day I’ll stain it. I’m working on another one now, the head will get a new shell and I’m using the original cab as a closed back 1x12 with a shelf port up front. I’ve got the original baffle out and I’m up to making a new baffle out of birch ply. This is the “Bandit 65” version. I figure I’ll continue using the teal stripe for SoTS/Whoracle tones and the 65 for grimy, dimed HM-2 Entombed/Bloodbath tones.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@HeHasTheJazzHands ive wanted a supreme since forever! Ive never seen one for sale near me.
@Necky379 thats awesome! I dont know if i could bring myself to chop this thing up but if i had another id definitely think of doing that!
They've gotten surprisingly rare. You can find Transtube Supremes all day long, but I'm having trouble finding the teal stripes. Akira Takasaki used one on the 1992 Loudness album and that tone is extremely filthy.

Stiman

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How do the current iteration of the transtube compare?

I think there’s 3 iteration, teal blue, the red line, and the current mostly black/grey.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How do the current iteration of the transtube compare?

I think there’s 3 iteration, teal blue, the red line, and the current mostly black/grey.
There's actually a million different versions almost :lol:
The original Bandit 50
Bandit 65
Bandit 75
The Teal stripe
The silver stripe (OG Transtube)
Red stripe
Current

The teal, silver, and red are the most highly-regarded ones for sure.

Stiman

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
TIL

I’m surprised the current gen isn’t in the highly regarded short list. I’m guessing it has something to do with the quality going down or something? Cutting corners?

I’ve definitely never seen the silver stripe one.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
You're not missing anything really. The Bandit is every bit as good. Mostly buy the Supreme for a little extra power and the head format. All the extra power translates to fundamentally not much more of anything. Maybe with your cab though it'd work better. - I only used mine through the matching 4x12 with Sheffileds, after that the Rockmaster with a Classic 50/50 and I liked it better, but this is a 27+ year old memory, which is one of my happiest. The day you get your first half stack is a month you don't sleep much. : ) Now I want one again for nostalgia. I never got the tones you're getting though. You're awesome. All praise @Gmork for his ability to make anything sound good! I bet your just using a modeller behind the cab there, aren't you? jk.

Gmork

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@c7spheres lol thanks but i mean im just boosting it and bumping up lows/highs in the loop. I assure you theres no funny business lol. No eq/fx on the guitar tracks or the master track or anything. No hidden axefx lol.

The bandit (and most old peavey is very mid heavy so going low helps level it out and cranking the bass at low volumes is crucial. Just about dualing it in and finding the sweet spot.

And id gladly take the extra power of the supreme, plus i just think it looks cool!!

Last edited:

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
@c7spheres lol thanks but i mean im just boosting it and bumping up lows/highs in the loop. I assure you theres no funny business lol. No eq/fx on the guitar tracks or the master track or anything. No hidden axefx lol.

The bandit (and most old peavey is very mid heavy so going low helps level it out and cranking the bass at low volumes is crucial. Just about dualing it in and finding the sweet spot.

And id gladly take the extra power of the supreme, plus i just think it looks cool!!
I know, I'm kidding. Please never stop doing it how you do things though. Sincerely I don't think I've heard anything you've done I didn't like or was even mediocre. I still want another Rockmaster someday though. Someone bought all the old Peavey stuff it seems and prices went up too : ( It's like everyone is rediscovering gear since YT is getting word out on everything. You're influence probably just doubled the price of Bandits now. It's all your fault. jk. lol.

B.M.F.

Blasphemy Made Flesh
Contributor
Reaction score
Still amazed how this amp, which was in every practice room in college (lol) can get such a great brutal heavy tone with good loud as f clean channel to boot. Excellent tone sculpting here.

The new Bandits, sound nothing at all like these old ones. Totally different EQs channels and controls.. no Sheffield.

Don’t forget it was a favorite in the black metal scene too, used by Emperor on Nightside Eclipse for example.

possumkiller

Square Dance Caller
Reaction score
Still amazed how this amp, which was in every practice room in college (lol) can get such a great brutal heavy tone with good loud as f clean channel to boot. Excellent tone sculpting here.

The new Bandits, sound nothing at all like these old ones. Totally different EQs channels and controls.. no Sheffield.

Don’t forget it was a favorite in the black metal scene too, used by Emperor on Nightside Eclipse for example.
No shit for real! When my friend and I first started playing guitar at the end of the 1900s, we were so depressed because we only had these shitty hand-me-down peavey bandit amps and an LTD MII. We were trying so hard to sound like emperor on the anthems and nightside albums. We watched the live DVD about a billion times and just knew we needed some marshall stacks and USA Jacksons if we wanted that sound. Then when I'm 30 I read an interview where ihsahn says they recorded that stuff with the same amp and very similar guitar...

Being a noob and not knowing how to dial in and properly use your gear is the number one cause of gear being so shitty. I'm pretty sure all the CBS Fender hate comes from boomers who started out on a CBS Fender and needed something to blame for their lack of skill.