NAD: Orange Rockerverb 50 MKIII (holy s%@t!)

Guitarjon

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So I've had this amp for a year now and I still love it so much! It's so easy to dial in too, eq controls at noon et voila. Of course it always sounds like a Rockerverb, it's just that sound but it's a sound that I happen to love! I just made some riffs with my PRS SC-58 in an open tuning, sounds killer:

Meldville

THE DOCTOR OF DOOM
Reaction score
Rockerverb MKIII is such a sick amp. Glad to see more folks seeing how useful they are outside of a doom/classic rock setting!

Six G

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
First post here, thanks for being kind. With the price of the 100 and the 50 being so close, what benefits should be considered when looking at buying one of these?

Guitarjon

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
First post here, thanks for being kind. With the price of the 100 and the 50 being so close, what benefits should be considered when looking at buying one of these?

Basically, more headroom for the 100 although the 50 has plenty for most applications imho. For very loud gigs the 100, for anything else the 50. That's just my 2 cents.

Six G

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Basically, more headroom for the 100 although the 50 has plenty for most applications imho. For very loud gigs the 100, for anything else the 50. That's just my 2 cents.

Thanks! I think the 50 it is. We aren't playing any loud gigs. If we become rockstars, we'll get the bigger amp.

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thanks! I think the 50 it is. We aren't playing any loud gigs. If we become rockstars, we'll get the bigger amp.

For what it's worth, the Rockverb Mark III 100 has multiple power options including being able to run at 100, 70, 50, and 30. Being that that's the case, you might as well just spend the couple hundred extra more instead of having to trade up later.

Deadpool_25

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sounds great. And I’ve never really liked Orange much. Tonally they usually seem a little weird in the mids (not that last video though) and I’ve never loved their aesthetics. I’ve definitely heard them sound great and that video was one of those. Good job.

I dig that Dmaj9 tuning too. Might have to experiment with that.