NAD: Line 6 Vetta II HD

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Bentaycanada, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Bentaycanada

Bentaycanada SS.org Regular

I picked up my 2nd Vetta II yesterday. I had one a couple of years ago, and sold it when I went to Helix, it I’ve always thought about it since.

It’s a beast of an amp, with a massive amount of amps and effects built in. The 300w power section is transparent and more than I’d ever need, but it’s perfect for this amp. The master volume and channel volume work exactly like a tube amp.

The thing that hurt the older Line 6 models compared to now, were the cab sims. Take them out of the equation, running amp to cab, and there’s plenty of unique tones to be had.

I think the XT series amps of are sadly underrated. Especially if you’re a metal player, the random high gain amp tones are very inspiring. It helps to like Dino Cazares and Fredrik Thordendal too....

The head only cost me $350, and that’s a steal considering I barely scratch 10% of the functions. It’s lighter and smaller than I expected.

There’s a world of features on it I’ll never use, but if you like CRUSHING tones and 2000’s high gain tones, they’re definitely over the top in this do it all amp!

2. Spinedriver

Spinedriver SS.org Regular

$350 ?!?!?! That's a STEAL of a deal. I remember when KMFDM came to town in 2003/04, one of the guitarists was using a Vetta head and it sounded absolutely great. I almost bought a used one a long time ago but it was $900 and still a bit too steep for me at the time. All you need now is the footswitch/pedal board controller to go with it (unless you've already got one) and you are good to go.

Bentaycanada likes this.
  3. Harry

Harry Doom man of Doom. Contributor

I'm not sure it's a "steal" but more so just what they're worth now due to the way that pretty much any modeler that is pre-Axe FX will depreciate.
    At any rate, it's awesome how cheap you can get a lot of that stuff now and while it might not be as 'realistic' like the big boy modelers of today, for that price who the fuck cares? Good sound is good sound.
    Enjoy it dude!

4. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

Worth it for a good 300watt power amp at that price even if you use nothing else

5. Spinedriver

Here in Canada, a 50 watt Marshall MG combo amp sells for more than that, so getting a 300 watt Vetta head that still works for that price is most definitely a bargain.

Dineley and Bentaycanada like this.
  6. Harry

Harry Doom man of Doom. Contributor

Well, when you put it that way, I can see your point :lol:

Spinedriver likes this.
  7. Splenetic

Splenetic SS.org Regular

I think that's more of a thing in the Maritime provinces. In Ontario it'd be pretty much a fair deal, but nothing out of this world. 50W mg's go for like 100-150 here all the time. You can get full mg and valvestate heads and 212 combos all day long for anywhere between 220-300 bucks.

8. Spinedriver

Yeah, when people sell something used around here (private sale, not used at L&M) they usually quote the price they paid for it and ask about 10-20% less than that. Once in a blue moon, you'll find someone who is selling it for what it's ACTUALLY worth but those are few & far between.

9. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Man we BARELY had a thread up for a week and boom, people out here stealing amps.

Congrats for real though, always wanted one of those when I was younger. They were(are) so cool.

Bentaycanada and Spinedriver like this.
  10. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

congrats!

11. petervindel

petervindel SS.org Regular

I bought the Vetta II 8 years ago from Andertons in the UK brand new. I think I paid about 200 GBP, which is about $250 i guess. Could'n believe it at the time, and I've had it ever since. Great amp, ESPECIALLY for that price.