NAD - Fryette Goodness

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by cwhitey2, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Jacksonluvr636

Jacksonluvr636 SS.org Regular

Thread makes me want one badly.

I had the EQ but TBH never used it. Never needed to as it sounded perfect without it on. I would still get the EQ just because.

I used to completely max the Master volume. If not it was always at least 75%. Definitely a power amp favored guitar amp.

I have never played the 50w but am curious. I just bought a Kemper setup but if I decide to sell that I will either get another 100CL or MI Megalith.

cwhitey2 likes this.
  2. MetalHead40

MetalHead40 SS.org Regular

They are badass! The D60 is different but equally sick. Now imagine those same attributes you like about the 100CL, up the articulation and organic nature of the gain structure by about 20% and add the most gut punching chest pounding thump you could ever imagine and you'd be playing a Wizard MCII. Hands down the most articulate, open, organic, raw, pissed off amps I've ever owned. I recently sold it because I couldn't live with having that much cash tied up in one amp.

Fryette and Splawn are the only amps that even come close and for the difference in price I find they win.

cwhitey2 likes this.
  3. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

The general consensus is to have the MV at 2:00 or so to get the best tone.

4. Trainwreck

Trainwreck SS.org Regular

Another thing I should suggest is plug this into a Fat Bottom cab. The FB's are designed for this head and they absolutely destroy. Hell the FB's sound amazing with just about any amp but the Pittbulls especially.

Hollowway likes this.
  5. MetalHead40

I've had a damn FB 412 on order since November and it's looking like April/May now :(

Trainwreck likes this.
  6. Trainwreck

Trainwreck SS.org Regular

I feel your pain brother. Nothing worse then waiting and then having to wait even more.

7. MetalHead40

First world problems are a good thing to have right. I am excited to hear this cab with the F70s. I was hoping to hear it with a few of my go to amps, but I have sold them off since ordering the cab. Do still have a 50CL pitbull and a Splawn QR arriving.

cwhitey2 likes this.
  8. D-EJ915

D-EJ915 Forum MVP

How I have my channel volumes set on mine I adjust the master for how loud I want it to be and it sounds pretty much the same wherever I set it so might just be how they set their volumes.

That being said the UL I have is the best practice amp I've ever used, it sounds amazing at very low volume.

9. Triple7

Triple7 The Decepticon

Congratulations Chris! Killer amp right there.

That's the one amp I regret getting rid of, my Pittbull UL. I will own another.

cwhitey2 likes this.
  10. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metalâ„¢

Thanks Brian! Honestly, its exceeded my expectations. Im still in awe...just a crushing amp.