NAD Fryette Deliverance 120

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by PuriPuriPrisoner, Apr 22, 2020.

1. PuriPuriPrisoner

PuriPuriPrisoner SS.org Regular

I've been getting so lucky these past few weeks. A guy traded me his Fryette D120 + $700 cash for my Dual Rectifier multiwatt. The amp's in great condition and sounds massive. It's my first Fryette/VHT amp. I've tried a Pittbull 50cl before but it was super dry and not my thing. The deliverance is everything I liked about Pittbull tone minus the harsh dryness. With the gain II at max and the gain I at 2-o-clockish, it's thick, saturated, and aggressive. Losing the recto kinda sucks but I like the thorendal DR model on my axe fx, through my powerstation, about the same so not a real big loss there.

[​IMG]

2. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

Everything about these Fryette/VHT amps appeals to me. Styling, tone, aggressiveness.

Congrats dude. THis is killer and as you say, the Axe models sound so good into a real poweramp, trading that amp away for this is fine as change arounds go.

MAJ Meadows SF likes this.
  3. Choop

Choop n______n

Wow congrats, you got an amazing deal on that plus the cash! The Deliverance is a badass amp. Rectos are common enough that it'd probably be easier to come back to another recto if you decide to.

4. TheWarAgainstTime

TheWarAgainstTime "TWAT" for short

You're on a roll lately with getting killer amps :metal: I love my Pittbull heads, but haven't been able to try a Deliverance yet

5. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire L'enfant sausage

Thick, saturated and aggressive you say? Surprising considering these are supposed to be based off the UL's lead channel, which is definitely thick, but never in a million years would I call it saturated.

6. budda

budda Do not criticize as this Contributor

How are you pulling this off :lol: congrats

narad and StevenC like this.
  7. Bentaycanada

Bentaycanada SS.org Regular

Congrats!! One of the best amps I ever owned. It will blow the windows out of your house with the volume at 1. I'd highly recommend a Power Station to go with it.

8. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

Damn that’s an incredible score.

how does the D120 compare to the D60 axe model, if you’ve tried it? The D60 is one of my top-5 models in the axe but I’ve never tried a real one. Plus I have always wondered how the D120 differs.

9. PuriPuriPrisoner

PuriPuriPrisoner SS.org Regular

I prefer the real amp although the axe fx model gets you like 95% there. The overdrive and gain knobs don’t behave exactly the same as the real model.

Manurack and mnemonic like this.
  10. beavis2306

beavis2306 Lusts for gear

What tunings are you using this or the fractal thordendal model on? I've never been happy with that thordendal model

11. MetalHead40

MetalHead40 SS.org Regular

Nice!!!! Had a D60 & loved it...thick and ballsy as hell and could get fairly saturated when boosted. But then I got a Wizard and it was like the D60 on steroids. Better mids, better articulation/note clarity, punches even harder and moves more air.

Had a 2001 UL and it was the most saturated amp I've ever owned. Nothing the the typical UL forum descriptions I've read over the years. This one was compressed and had so much saturation it was ridiculous. Kind of wish I hadn't sold it in hind sight. Have a 50CL and it gets SUPER saturated but not as much as the UL did. I liked the 50CL and sold the UL.

12. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

Awesome amps. I had a D120 for awhile. One of the only amps I sold because it was way too loud, lol. One of the few amps that could compete with my Triple Recto for hugeness. Massive low end, crystal clear high end, clean to metal with just turning the guitar volume knob, loud as hell.

13. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

I always thought that model wasn't very good compared to the amp. It gets the crystal clear high end right, but don't have the massive low end chug of the real thing.

mnemonic likes this.
  14. MAJ Meadows SF

MAJ Meadows SF on a tone quest

your front yard, staring into your window
    Fucking awesome score! D120 is one of the best amps ever made. I stand by that statement all day.

narad likes this.