NAD: Deliverance content

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Valennic, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Valennic

Valennic Many Fingers

Le pictures first.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Review:

This amp is insane. I don't even know where to begin. It's a single channel amp, so you'd assume that versatility is just not its forte. However, it's so insanely responsive to the volume knob on my guitars I almost don't need a second channel. It cleans up just fine using just those.

The main selling point to this amp for me though, was definitely the characteristics of its distortion. It just roars, it's got this throaty open roar to it that just feels alive. That's the only way I can really describe it :lol:. It feels like it breathes when you play it. I had been searching for an amp like this, the amp that would get that tone in my head. I think I've found it :yesway:

Also the amount of gain this thing has on tap is insane. No matter how high I turn it up though, it remains clear as a bell. With just one channel this amp has blown my Triple Rec out of the water without a question. Maybe I'll upload clips. If I unlazy.

2. ShadowFactoryX

ShadowFactoryX OMNIHILITY

unlazy yourself so we can hear clips plz?

3. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

that's the great point (along with great attack and dynamic) of a well done single channel head.I tried this one long time ago,but it totally slayed many other heads.Great amp on every aspects

4. Valennic

Valennic Many Fingers

I'll get some clips up at some point hopefully, laziness is a pain :lol:

Yeah the sheer amount of control you have over the amp with just your pick attack just blows me away. I'm in love :wub:

5. Atomshipped

Atomshipped SS.org Regular

VHT/Fryette #1
    Congrats :D

6. op1e

op1e Spirit Taker

That cab, is it the MC212? Whatta ya think about it? Was looking into couple of those but worry about mdf construction.

7. -OTW-

-OTW- Well-Known Member

Get a Fryette Cab :).

8. Valennic

Valennic Many Fingers

Sorry for the delay there man, it is not though no. It's I THINK the AC112. I'll have to double check, I just finally managed to get some time on a computer, and it's far away from me at the moment :lol:.

^That was the idea, or a VHT or Orange cabinet. :yesway:

Hopefully I'll be able to get some raw clips of it this week. My geetar with the Dominions through this thing is just...unreal.

9. Deliverowned

Deliverowned Tabernach

I coulnt stand v30s with my D60H (or any fryette amps) when I had my VHT cab to compare with. And VHT cabs sound really good with all amps, all ive tried at least and thats quite a few.

10. Dawn of the Shred

Dawn of the Shred Scoop the Mids and Chug

Always wanted to get one these saw unearth use them. How does it sound man?

11. FireInside

FireInside .Buried.Breathing.

Love these heads, they sound fucking killer! The only thing holding me back is the lack of a clean channel.

12. Valennic

Valennic Many Fingers

Your volume knob creates one ;)

Ballsiest and tightest amp Ive ever played. It roars, it sings, it just does everything. No matter how much gain you put on it, it just stays clean. It's just unreal.

13. Dawn of the Shred

Dawn of the Shred Scoop the Mids and Chug

Dude you just sold me. I want one now!!!

14. Valennic

Valennic Many Fingers

If you find one man, jump on it. There's a 60 watt and a 120. I've got the 120, and I firmly believe I'd have to go deaf to break up the tubes on this thing :lol:. So much headroom. This is the first, and so far only, amp I've played that feels like it just BREATHES when you play it. The biggest problem I had with my recto was that it felt like it was just choked all the time. This amp just feels so alive. :wub:

15. danresn

danresn SS.org Regular

If you don't want to use your volume knob you could always buy a compressor or EQ to drop the signal before the preamp.

Damn nice score. Never played a fryette/VHT, but I've only ever heard amazing recorded tones from them.

16. FireInside

FireInside .Buried.Breathing.

My buddy is going to bring his over soon. I am going to try the whole volume knob, volume pedal, compressor trick. Might have to work out a deal to get one of these bad boys if the clean tone is good enough.:hbang:

17. onefingersweep

onefingersweep SS.org Regular

You didn't buy a Pitbull, thats good news for your cat :D

18. iff

iff SS.org Regular

Very nice!

I have no idea how you have the mids and treble so high though. My treble is lower than 9:00 and mids are around 11:00.

Gain I up around 4:00 and Gain II around 10:00 on Less mode is super fun to play with single coils.

I had my Deliverance 120's volume set around 1:00 the other day...it was awesome. :) The cool thing about it is that with the right speakers and settings, it can be super loud and you can still stand right in front of it without it hurting your ears. It's almost as if it doesn't seem as loud as it actually is (and trust me, it's really fucking loud) because it doesn't have those ice-pick frequencies that other amps have and you're so used to loud = pain. Doesn't get all that much louder after 11:00 though - just HUGE volume increases up to that point.

19. Valennic

Valennic Many Fingers

They've been moved backwards significantly since the picture :lol:. I was just tweaking tones, experimenting. Took the pic around that time.

I can't wait to really crank it, your words there are really reassuring, since every amp I've played to date has just...hurt. Really loud. Cool to see another Deliverance owner here :D.