N7D - Ernie Ball Music Man Majesty 7

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Doug Craft, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Doug Craft

Doug Craft The Squirminator

2. shupe13

shupe13 SS.org Regular

Congrats!

Doug Craft likes this.
  3. Justaguitarist

Justaguitarist SS.org Regular

It´s a very nice guitar for sure! Congratulations!

Doug Craft likes this.
  4. Furtive Glance

Furtive Glance "Millhouse, lower those eyebrows!"

I've been trying to find a reasonably priced one of those in Canada for the past year and am failing. Nice snag.

Doug Craft likes this.
  5. mlp187

mlp187 Burrito Master Contributor

Congrats, these are great guitars!

Doug Craft likes this.
  6. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

looks awesome!
    Majesty's are something else--definitely their own unique vibe.

Doug Craft likes this.
  7. Wucan

Wucan SS.org Regular

Long & McQuade had a Smoked Pearl come up for CAD 2400 a few months ago, got snagged pretty quickly.

Furtive Glance and Doug Craft like this.
  8. nightlight

nightlight SS.org Regular

Congratulations! I definitely want one.

Doug Craft likes this.
  9. Doug Craft

I have had 3 long practice sessions on the new Majesty and I am definitely enjoying the way it plays. The former owner had a shim inside the trem cavity to make the trem down only, and I adjusted the claw and set it up as a full floater. Very stable tuning wise with this substantial trem unit. I am just now starting to figure out the sonic options. The piezo is new for me and taking some adjustment - it sounds good with the single coils in parallel on clean tones, but I will need to experiment with my Line 6 Firehawk to tweak settings for each of the different options. I have been playing Jackson 7s and the Majesty has a more delicate touch that is taking some getting used to. But overall - it's a really wonderful 7 string that I like more the more I play it.

nightlight likes this.
  10. nightlight

nightlight SS.org Regular

Strandberg Boden 6 Tremolo Neck-Thru SWEDEN CUSTOM SHOP 2018 | Reverb

Strandberg 6.jpg

I just came across this listing on Reverb. If anyone has nearly 6k clams just sitting around in a pile, this is the guitar I would buy. Then again, maybe I wouldn't. So expensive.

Prices on the Swedish Strandbergs and Custom-Built ones have shot up in the last year. People asking ridiculous prices all of a sudden, at least imho. Probably plays very well though. Made in Sweden Bergs with a trem are a rarity too.

slan and Doug Craft like this.
  11. Hoss632

Hoss632 SS.org Regular

For me strandbergs are over rated. Outside of Plini I've not heard one that I've liked the sound of, regardless of what pick ups are in it. Just my opinion. But I do agree that 6 grand is ridiculous for one.

Doug Craft likes this.
  12. neurosis

neurosis SS.org Regular

How do you feel about the fretboard width compared two other guitars you own? I have a 6-string in Polar Noir and it feels wider than it looks. It might be how the neck is shaped and how flat the fretboard is but it's a really comfortable player without being as thin as a Wizard. I love this bridge design because it feel like a classic trem butt has the functionality of a Floyd in some ways. I have yet to get used to how my hand rest on it though. Aesthetically, does your guitar have the flat inlay or the nicer cut out? I don't notice it much but it bothered me initially.

The piezo is amazing and part of the reason I am holding on to this guitar apart from the fact that it weights zero pounds and has been a blessing recovering from my back injury.

13. Doug Craft

I have noticed something like you describe about the way the guitar feels. The fretboard feels different from my Jackson and Ibanez 7 strings - I think it takes less strength to play, and that has been the adjustment I noticed. I have had to learn to back off and be more relaxed when playing. I honestly do not know why, as all my other shredder 7s have a 16" or compound radius. Maybe the action is just lower?

I love the piezo and am becoming more fluent with getting the tones I want. I love the piezo with the single coil magnetics tones - very rich for clean tones.