N(ME)PD - Boss GT-1

Nicki

Twit
Reaction score
Swapped my Orange Micro Dark head for this multi-effect unit yesterday. It doesn't have a method for hooking up a 4CM that I would perfer, but I've been trying to find someone to trade the micro dark for a reverb pedal and found this. Figured a multi-effect processor would be a bit more versatile for adding effects to my MT15 than just a standard pedal. Haven't played around with it too much and I'm trying to figure out the editing software, but a basic plate reverb and analog delay sound pretty good through the loop on the MT15's clean channel.

littlebadboy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I loved my Boss GT-1 when I had it. I loved it enough that I upgraded to the Boss GT-100! The Tone Studio has a learning curve, but you'll love it when you figured it out. It's pretty much like having a virtual pedalboard and an amp somewhere. I loved the Bogner Uberschall amp sim. It's BRUTAL! It sounded great through my amps return (or power amp in on my Peavey Bandit), PA head to a cab, and lots better through an FRFR!

Here was my demo (not much, but had fun):

Shask

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have always wondered how close to sounding like the Katana those GT-1s are. The effects on the Katana are pretty good, so I could see this working well if similar.

Nicki

Twit
Reaction score
I loved my Boss GT-1 when I had it. I loved it enough that I upgraded to the Boss GT-100! The Tone Studio has a learning curve, but you'll love it when you figured it out. It's pretty much like having a virtual pedalboard and an amp somewhere. I loved the Bogner Uberschall amp sim. It's BRUTAL! It sounded great through my amps return (or power amp in on my Peavey Bandit), PA head to a cab, and lots better through an FRFR!

Here was my demo (not much, but had fun):

I'm only planning on using it for the time based effects to add some reverb and delay to my MT15, similar to how I only use my Pod HD Pro for the effects when I use my 5150iii 50w. I generally hate amp modelling. Since I couldn't find anyone willing to trade for a reverb pedal, a signal processor was the next best thing. I'm trying to keep my 15w rig as simple as possible since my main rig got stupidly complicated between pedals, rack gear and figuring out the signal path.

I have always wondered how close to sounding like the Katana those GT-1s are. The effects on the Katana are pretty good, so I could see this working well if similar.

I've only used Katanas when trying them out in store. I haven't spent any real time with them. Since I just got this GT1 yesterday and didn't get home until late at night, I haven't had the chance to play around with it much so I really couldn't speak to how it compares to the effects in the Katana. I need to figure out how to assign multiple effects on/off to the 1 CTL button and maybe create some patches.