N.G.D. (something s uper thin and mahogony awaits..oh yeah 56k blah.)

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
well i have wanted one of these since i was 14:bowdown:.i remember a sabre or s series in my local music store (moeller music:yesway: in middletown ohio:noway:). it was a 6er,a strange green color, and had a custom made inlay (i no it wasnt custom;) ). i used to play it before lessons and whenever i was at the mall,which was every other day (it was the early 90s and i lived across the street:nuts:)any ways i never got one. had other ibys but never had a S. now i do have 2 S7s. but not a 6er:shred:. so i traded this for it.
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/standard-guitars/94256-project-peavey-patriot-complete.html .

the guy i traded it to is:hbang:. he said if he ever wants to get rid of it he will let me know first:bowdown:. i told him about our little site:metal:. he showed up with the other guitarist from his band, both really awesome guys:hbang: HIGHLY recommend you check out his band!

www.myspace.com/beverlyhellfire

i tuned it to e standard. he had it dropped really low. its in pretty nice shape:eek:. i like the zr trem but will prolly remove the stop bar.i liked seeing how it werks having never owned one.havent cleaned it or anything. it has a polycoated neck so its gonna get the sanding and tung treatment. has a great shape to it!needs a lemon oiling and just a little detail and restring with elixirs:evil: its missing the string tree but the headstock and nut are in great angle so it doesnt change tune when locking down the pads, also doesnt get any vibration so im prolly gonna never put one on:ugh:.it is missing the trem arm and the tremolo arm torque screw cap that holds the trem steady. does anyone have a trem and or tremolo arm torque screw cap that i can buy? id rather give someone here my money before ordering one. :hbang:.i have the back plate but took it off like all my other fiddles.the single coil is a duncan scorcher, and sounds pretty good. alot better thn the unuseable stock one in my rg470 lol.anyways on with some pics
2002 ibanez S470dx in some funky textured blue color:shred:
DSCN8764.jpg

DSCN8766.jpg

DSCN8772.jpg

DSCN8773.jpg

DSCN8774.jpg

DSCN8779.jpg

DSCN8782.jpg

DSCN8784.jpg

DSCN8785.jpg

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
thats what im talking about...H-S-H, trem, 24 frets???? wait ???,,,cant tell.....PERFECT

only 22 frets:hbang:, its an older 1:shred:. i like my s with 22 though:nuts:. 24 frets is left up to my 6 iby rgs:evil: thanx for the props guys:bowdown:. i like the way it plays since i set it up. i cant wait to clean it up and put some elixirs on it.i may do it today or tomorrow.i have to work this weekend:wallbash:

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
btw, how's your son doing with his guitar shredding?

as he moved to that other ibanez you got for him?

thanx for askin maing:hbang:. hes doin really well. he plays his rg120 in his room and plays the rg320flame maple when hes down here. he cant take it to his room yet but hes stickin with it. he likes figuring out the notes and random riffs to stuff on the radio alot. he isnt interested in playing a whole song yet, just little bits and pieces. he can learn whole songs just hasnt showed the dicipline, or care yet. hes not interested in whole songs yet. its comin:hbang:. he like going into the guitar store with me now and getting new stuff and browsing :)

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
thanx for askin maing:hbang:. hes doin really well. he plays his rg120 in his room and plays the rg320flame maple when hes down here. he cant take it to his room yet but hes stickin with it. he likes figuring out the notes and random riffs to stuff on the radio alot. he isnt interested in playing a whole song yet, just little bits and pieces. he can learn whole songs just hasnt showed the dicipline, or care yet. hes not interested in whole songs yet. its comin:hbang:. he like going into the guitar store with me now and getting new stuff and browsing :)

I haven't learned a whole song in as long as I can remember.

I decided to challenge myself so I started on Spastic Ink's "To counter and groove in E minor" :ugh:

White Cluster

Gives Life Meaning
Reaction score
Looks awesome. I had a Laser Red Saber back in 89. I wish I never sold it. Congrats

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
I haven't learned a whole song in as long as I can remember.

I decided to challenge myself so I started on Spastic Ink's "To counter and groove in E minor" :ugh:

i just learned a whole new mushroomhead song(damage done) and faith no more the real thing. nothing with any solos yet:ugh: not that good again yet:wallbash:

The Echthros

Stupid, apparently
Reaction score
cool guitar. wanted one when they came out too. I think that finish is actually called violet flat or something like that

matttttYCE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Congrats man! I've always had an affinity for anything S series and I was lucky enough to find one in lefty in amazing shape a while back. It's currently being sanded and prepped for natural finish (and a sexy veneer top). It's one of the nicer playing guitars I've ever played, which goes to show these S series are legit (if they actually made the lefty model awesome as well)!

P.S. Since you obviously love Ss as well, I'd like to get your opinion.. How do you think an S470 would look if I fill in the middle pickup hole, fill in the 3 way blade selector hole, and run it with just a volume and a 3 way toggle (where the tone knob would have been)?

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
Congrats man! I've always had an affinity for anything S series and I was lucky enough to find one in lefty in amazing shape a while back. It's currently being sanded and prepped for natural finish (and a sexy veneer top). It's one of the nicer playing guitars I've ever played, which goes to show these S series are legit (if they actually made the lefty model awesome as well)!

P.S. Since you obviously love Ss as well, I'd like to get your opinion.. How do you think an S470 would look if I fill in the middle pickup hole, fill in the 3 way blade selector hole, and run it with just a volume and a 3 way toggle (where the tone knob would have been)?

thanx alot man:hbang:.how about leave the 3 pups,cover the blade,make the vol a push pull for coil splitting the doubles,and the toggle to select which of the three pups. you got any pics of said S?

matttttYCE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
thanx alot man:hbang:.how about leave the 3 pups,cover the blade,make the vol a push pull for coil splitting the doubles,and the toggle to select which of the three pups. you got any pics of said S?

Well, I never really used the middle pickup I had (when it was in there before I went to EMGs). Don't like or use single coils all that much anyways, and definitely like em even less in the middle position. And then there's the fact that I'm an EMG guy and I already have an 81 and 60 for it haha. If I had some good passives I would coil tap em for the added versatility, but I have the EMGs already and I probably wouldn't even use that versatility anyways. I was also thinking of covering the blade, middle pup, and just putting in a push pull volume pot as a selector and a putting a kill switch in the tone knob space. Though I like the middle combo of two humbuckers, I rarely ever use that either so can live without it. Again, I'm not all that versatile haha.

And only pic I have of it that's on my computer currently is here http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/standard-guitars/111491-ngd-esp-ltd-lefty-for-me.html. It's the last picture in the first post.