My Satriani Collection

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by belleswell, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Bdtunn

Bdtunn SS.org Regular

Sweet collection
    My biggest selling regret is letting my JS 2400 go :(

belleswell likes this.
  2. Jeff

Jeff Banned from Reality

Awesome. Still would love a JS6 or 6000. I’ve got a 2000 I’ll never part with.

belleswell likes this.
  3. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

Do you plan on adding a JS1CR to the stable?

belleswell likes this.
  4. belleswell

belleswell SS.org Regular

It would be nice, especially since 10 of them sounds much better than nine (the Monk in me), but I retired about 3 years ago,
    and 5K guitars are just not in the budget.

Leviathus likes this.
  5. _MonSTeR_

_MonSTeR_ SS.org Regular

I have a JS 6 too, that one I actually have set up in drop C, initially for folky style clean strumming, but then I realised that if you press the "distortion" button, then the game changes somewhat ;) There were reportedly only 345 of those made.

belleswell likes this.
  6. Jason B

Jason B Unbanned

I can’t be the only one to think Ibanez should release a new Chromeboy model of the current Indo line and call it the ChromeDome. Actually, was that not the name of the silver Satriani head that had USBs of his discography in it?

7. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

I'm hoping this happens soon after the recent release if the white Premium Jem.

belleswell likes this.
  8. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 lifetime novice Contributor

The $900 KrylonBoy?

belleswell likes this.
  9. belleswell

Chromedome bust of Joe has two flash drives hidden behind the sunglasses and contain
    all of his studio albums as well as some nice bonus tracks. It's the music that was in his head. lol

[​IMG]

There was also the chrome dome pick
    [​IMG]

When I tried one of these, I sounded nothing like him. Must be a faulty pick.

[​IMG]

Most guys including myself will have a few guitars in stands at the ready when inspiration hits.
    These are my present 3. They often change, with the exception of the Ibby J Custom RG 3 which is my fave.

[​IMG]

Leviathus and IbanezDaemon like this.
  10. Joan Maal

Joan Maal SS.org Regular

Meh.... but you do not own a Harley Benton :cond:

belleswell and Zhysick like this.
  11. belleswell

6 Agile's got to equal one Harley.

runbirdman likes this.
  12. LuciusBolt

LuciusBolt SS.org Regular

Very Cool Collection I quite like the crystal planet one and the blue JS as well.
    Thankyou for sharing :)

belleswell likes this.
  13. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

awesome collection!

what you think of the humbucker VS the single coil sized humbucker on his guitars?

belleswell likes this.
  14. Jason B

Jason B Unbanned

Are you homeless?

narad likes this.
  15. belleswell

The Dimarzio Pro track was used so that the sweet spot placement could still be utilized
    with the 24 fret models. Reg humbucker style in this position needed to be pushed back toward
    the bridge and this adjustment had a cost in lost tone. The Pro track pup by Dimarzio was the
    solution.

I play through lots of pedals and the Axe, and to be honest, unless I'm playing clean with no
    effects what so ever, I have a hard time hearing the difference listening to the playback of a
    22 fret model with a PAF Pro/neck pup vs the Pro track/neck pup in the 24 fret version. Both are nice.

One of the things I love about the body shape of a JS guitar is how comfortable it feels. Great sitting, and it doesn't kill ones shoulder when play standing for any length of time. It also is capable of a wide variety of tones.

Showing off the pond which sits next to our home. Giant hybrid bluegills, perch, and bass.

[​IMG]

bracky, XPT707FX and Seabeast2000 like this.
  16. MAJ Meadows SF

MAJ Meadows SF on a tone quest

your front yard, staring into your window
    Damn fabulous collection! Holy crap. My first "high end" guitar was a white JS-1000, and I miss it. It was an ordeal to get because the original one ordered was taken out of the case and dropped by someone at Sam Ash and they had to send it back. Agonizing wait for a teenager who busted his ass to save for that thing.

JS models will always hold a place close to the heart. Thanks for sharing dude.

17. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

yeah Im aware on the why he did it. I was wondering if it still sounds like a humbucker and keeps that tone. Im eyeballing a guitar with a singlecoil on the neck, so Im thinking to put one of those single sized humbucker. Cleans a single coil is nice, but I like to use my neck humbucker for leads most of the time and I need that round creamy humbucker sound

18. belleswell

I did an A/B recording checking the very thing we're talking about years ago when I first got the JS 2400, to compare, and I went with a mic'd Fender Twin. The Paf Pro had a little more on the low end but both had that creamy sound and both were very close. When you start dialing in some od/dist from either an amp or some pedals than they can both sound the same.

I went in to GC back in '13 to get some pics and strings , and noticed the JS 2400 had been marked down. It was the same guitar that I had played about a month earlier with a $2399 price tag. It had a scratch and dent sticker reduction down to $1399. I looked and looked for the scratch or dent and could not find it. Finally the sales guy pointed out 3 very light scuffs in the finish next to the cover plate on the back.

My wife had dropped me off at GC, and then went to the other end of the mall to get some groceries. When she returned and walked up to me in the store, I was just finishing putting my wallet back in my pocket.
    "What did you get?" , she said. I justified it by saying it was an early birthday present to myself and I had been working a ton of overtime so I bit. The "scratches" could easily be buffed out, but I never did. I know why they put the picks and strings in the back of the store. One has to walk by all of the guitars to get there. Thanks to whom ever put those scuff marks on her as it then became my kind of guitar.

A-Branger likes this.
  19. mogar

mogar SS.org Regular

Dude, if I had a pond like that on my property, I'd have a fishing pole in my hands more than a guitar.

belleswell likes this.
  20. belleswell

That's why I bought the place 3 years ago. 2 days before we closed on the home, I fished it for the first time and caught a monster 13 inch + sized hybrid bluegill I released. She probably weighed over 2 lbs. I measured it using a dollar bill which is 6 inches long. End to end twice with about another inch or so. Awesome. I wanted the place then and there. The pond also has perch up to 14 or 15 inches, and bass to 7 lbs, which is huge for Michigan. The 7 lb bass was caught and released by a Boy Scout, as they would have Jamborees on the property. They would camp out, walk the trails in the woods. The prior owner has all kinds of benches back in the woods where they could sit and mark off the list of critters and birds that can be seen. They would catch and release in the pond. The prior owner told me of it. It was a hair shy of 23 inches and weighed 7 lbs on an old De-liar.

The pond is also a lot of work. Between a constant fight with the algae, sego grass, muskrats, winter kill, dredging dead leaves and crud out, restocking including minnows for the perch, pond dye, algaecide, blue heron proofing with netting and stakes, and feeding the fish 6 or 7 months of the year, it's work. I would have a hard time keeping them out of the pond after all I put into it, although I might start culling some perch next year as they are spawning successfully. I saw some about 3 inches long that had to have come from a successful spawn as all the ones I planted were 5 to 7 inches. Too many great lakes within a few miles to catch easy limits of panfish.

You should not get me started on fishing as it ranks right up there with playing music. I'm the only guy in the State of Michigan that has two state records on the books. Both were caught accidentally while fishing for other species. Still, it's pretty cool to say, Yup, I'm the only guy in the state with two records. One was for a Whitefish caught surf fishing Lake Michigan for steelhead, and the other was a black bullhead caught while fishing for bluegills. I'm still in the books, but have since been dethroned on both species, yet I'm still the only guy with 2 records. Fish pics. I got a bunch, but that would probably better served in another thread.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    adrianb likes this.