My RR7R took a bit of a bump recently :( (56k....vaguely okay)

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by stuh84, Nov 25, 2008.

1. stuh84

stuh84 The Viking himself Contributor

Well, my Rhoads V took a bit of a bump recently, and in this I shall document it, because you all care! :fawk:

What had happened, the other guitarist in my band (Pete, petef2007 on here) had just got his Rhoads 7 string in which had taken him a while to get hold of, however he got it on the same day as rehearsal, and was only back from work about half an hour before he had to set off to it.

He asked me to bring mine, just in case the strings didn't hold up on his, which I obliged to as I had leant him mine the first rehearsal.

Turned out his was fine, and my Rhoads never even left the gigbag.

Bear in mind for this rehearsal I was bringing my ESP/LTD, my Rhoads, and my acoustic too for a section in one of our tracks (which will be uploaded any day now....just waiting on the synth/orchestral tracks to be done and we'll FINALLY have a second track :D), as well as the drummer wanting to bring a lot of stuff due to the kits at the rehearsal place being a bit pants. I'll be glad when we finally get our new rehearsal room sorted....

Anyway, I got everything back home that night, removed the guitar from the gigbag, and was greeted with this....

[​IMG]

WAIT A SECOND, LIGHT ISN'T SUPPOSED TO SHINE THROUGH MY HEADSTOCK :(

I'm not sure where it got the bump, because it was quite a precarious rehearsal session, of rushing gear everywhere due to having to pick up the vocalist after he missed a couple of buses and things (damn public transport), but needless to say, it is not what I wanted to see :(

I asked my dad if he could help, he has lots of remote control aircraft, which he builds himself, so he knows a thing or two about glueing wood.

Here first are the pics of it with the bit of the headstock taken off before glueing (possibly not safe for those of a nervous disposition)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After using a fair bit of epoxy, and a handy clamp (of which my dad seems to have thousands), the piece was glued back on

[​IMG]

This was about a week ago, and I left the guitar for a while, partly through having a bit of a full week, and partly because I wanted to make sure everything had completely dried. I restrung it last night, and it works like a charm :D

[​IMG]

You'll notice the machinehead is moved a bit round, this is simply because the other side has a screw on it to attach it to the headstock, and this was RIGHT where the break was, obviously a weak point for the headstock it seems. However it has took the tension fine, and I've been bending on the high E and everything just to make sure it can take it, and it has performed fine.

A big thank you to my dad for helping me fix this, a big fuck you to full cars :(

On a related note, anyone know anywhere to get hardshell cases for this guitar, or for a generic reverse headstocked Rhoads so I can see if it fits?

2. Stitch

Stitch Banned

Warwick make an ultra padded RR Rockbag which should fit. BC Rich Transport Armor (I hate that spelling) should also work for it. :)

Failing that, get a Warwick Basscase blank and you can cut out the foam using a blade to fit your guitar exactly :) I'm suggesting bass because historically Rhoads guitars are very long :D

3. stuh84

Aye that seems the best thing, probably buy it with some christmas money or something, a bag would be better currently simply because I don't have the biggest car in the world, and my room to keep things in is smaller than Mike/Zepp88's dick. We'll see though :D

I enjoyed writing them :D

4. NiCkMiLnE

NiCkMiLnE 7>6

fuck stu!
    you need to let me play your invader ;)

5. stuh84

You want to what? I'm not sure Marie would be too pleased. Then again she is kinky enough.....

I would let you play my Invader, just get on the National Express down and find me MWAHAHAHAHAHA :scream:

6. Petef2007

Petef2007 SS.org Regular

yay for fixed rhoadses!!

At least yours works now sir, mines just still going NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to everything

7. NiCkMiLnE

NiCkMiLnE 7>6

haha, hey she can join :p

and after xmas..:metal:

8. stuh84

I love this, the American SS.Org meets play guitars, we organise swinger meets, and think about playing guitar too.

RIGHT WHO ELSE IS IN, IF WE ARE GONNA DO AN ORGY, LETS DO IT RIGHT

9. NiCkMiLnE

NiCkMiLnE 7>6

:metal:
    IM IN :metal:
    so long as its near sheffhudd/manchester area :shred:

10. Neil

Neil SS.org Regular

Instant 7 to 6 string conversion lol, shame it doesnt work the other way around.

11. stuh84

Aye, I wish I could do that with a LOT of guitars