My Kiesel HH2 build - Am I wrong to be a little bit disappointed?

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'd say the refinish looks better. Even better than their blue denim, which I'm not really a fan of Kiesel's denim finishes. Yours much more closely reminds me of faded whale blue from PRS which on quilt tops like yours is a nice finish. I'm glad you got it exactly how you wanted now and enjoy it

LexMentis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'd say the refinish looks better. Even better than their blue denim, which I'm not really a fan of Kiesel's denim finishes. Yours much more closely reminds me of faded whale blue from PRS which on quilt tops like yours is a nice finish. I'm glad you got it exactly how you wanted now and enjoy it
Much appreciated! Very kind words.

Neon_Knight_

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I agr
I agree that the refinish isn't "denim blue" (by any guitar manufacturer's definition) - it's a bolder blue, which I much prefer (3 of my 9 guitars are a deep blue).

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Im still baffled, BAFFLED, that this story had a good ending. A great ending.

I was CERTAIN, this guitar would either end up on reverb or a fucking dumpster fire. Good on you @LexMentis I keep coming back to look at it, it actually looks better than the original with pickup rings, in my opinion!

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Went from looking like soggy diarrhea in a toilet bowl with that blue dye shit people use in their tanks to a lush ocean of blue.

nightlight

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That's an amazing job on the refinish, man. Good job, I bet the guitar "sounds" better to you now too.

LexMentis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This must be the only custom shop horror story thread with a happy ending.

I wouldn't have put the logo back on, personally. Even better would be to make one of your own name using the Kiesel font/styling. :lol:

HAHA Yeah, I've been contemplating that a bit haha. We'll see what happens.... Thanks for the comment!

LexMentis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Im still baffled, BAFFLED, that this story had a good ending. A great ending.

I was CERTAIN, this guitar would either end up on reverb or a fucking dumpster fire. Good on you @LexMentis I keep coming back to look at it, it actually looks better than the original with pickup rings, in my opinion!
🙏🙏🙏🙏 Thank you!!

LexMentis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Looks like prs whale blue and im for it.
I was sorta aiming for that I suppose. I used a lot of PRS guitars as reference/inspiration, but I didn't know it had a name. I'll take it!

LexMentis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
First, sorry that happened, man. Totally shitty. Second, you couldn't pay me to enter the Kiesel torture chamber.
Yep. It's one and done for me. Kiesel would make so much more money were they not so socially inept. Before all this trouble, I had plans for multiple different builds I had in mind with all kinds of cool specs. There's no telling how many thousands they've thrown away just by being the assholes that they are, and how they've treated repeat customers. It trickles down into every aspect of their business.

I had a brief exchange the other day with Albert, their head tech, and that guy is a piece of work too. He's absolutely useless. My experience with him was perfectly in line with other stories I've read here as well. I emailed him about an electronics issue (a wire to the neck pickup came loose at some point during refinish causing loss of sound to neck pickup), so I politely requested a wiring diagram for the HH2 so that I could solder the loose wire back in place. He completely ignored this request and instead asked me to take photos of the electronics cavity and then he would tell me where the wire goes. OK... Seems like that is more work for me AND you, but whatever. I sent him the photo, and he replies back telling me where the wire goes, and I solder it back in place. However, this does not solve the issue. I again politely request a wiring diagram so that I can double check everything on my own to fix the problem. Again, I am also trying to save him from having to do anything (God forbid). He just completely ignores me again. I replied back a day later saying "well, thanks anyway!" These guys just truly do not give a fuck. At all.

Kiesel just sucks all around. Great product. Trash people.

Last edited: