My Gear, Wanting Suggestions of Where to go

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Onyx8String, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Onyx8String

Onyx8String SS.org Regular

Hey guys, I've been around for a couple months but haven't had too many posts.
    Here's my setup, I'll post pics later this week:
    -Furman Power Conditioner
    -Engl e530 w/ footswitch
    -Mesa 20 20 w/ deep mod
    -POD x3 live in the FX loop of the e530
    -Genz Benz G flex 2x12

So, as of the moment i'm using the POD as an effects processor. I'm wanting to upgrade to something better like in the criteria of TC Electronics for multifx. I want something that doesn't focus on amp sim. I think the G System may be up my alley but it's very expensive for my budget.

Perhaps I should go with full analog FX? Idk. I'm just looking for suggestions. Should I get a boost for the e530, or maybe a BBE Sonic Maximizer? What do yall think?

Thx,
    Onyx

2. Mordacain

Mordacain 1-watt brigadier

In terms of FX, it really depends on what you use and what your tastes are.

Personally, I would probably be fine with a good Digital Delay (provided it had some analog vibe to it), a phaser, a wah, an overdrive or two & possibly a flanger / chorus. For that setup, I'd probably have an easier go of it constructing an analog pedalboard.

If you have similar tastes in effects (minimal & specific) then analog is a good way to go. If you are a heavy effects user than saving for a G-System or something similar is a good idea.

If you want versatility but need something easier on the wallet, try a Line 6 M13. If I didn't already have an HD500, that would probably be where I would start, just so I had the option of versatility.

3. texshred777

texshred777 SS.org Regular

I second an M13..it may be the next piece(that or a G Major) to my rig with an Amp Gizmo.

Personally, I don't care for Sonic Maximizers..but that's just my opinion.

4. Wookieslayer

Wookieslayer OOOAAARWWWRR

If youre going rack look used for a tc electronic g-major, but keep in mind you'll need a foot board like the fcb1010, midi moose, etc. Otherwise check out the line 6 M series :2c: