My current collection...Look now before it changes!

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by s_k_mullins, Mar 15, 2015.

1. s_k_mullins

s_k_mullins [email protected]#$?!

Hi guys! Just wanted to share my current collection of axes. It seems my collection is changing a lot lately. I chose to unload half of my collection due to some unforeseen home repairs, and also in preparation for having a child in June. So recently I've sold my Ibanez JBM100, Fender SRV Stratocaster, Gibson Thunderhorse Explorer, Ibanez RG3250MZ, Ibanez Premium 920QM, and PRS SE Mushok baritone. I will be adding some new axes later this year, but here is the collection as it stands today.

From L to R:
    Music Man JPX in PDN Cardinal Red Sparkle (9-46, used for standard E and drop-D)
    Music Man JPX in Turquoise Pearl with roasted maple neck (10-46, used for Eb)
    G&L USA ASAT Classic in Transparent Blue over ash (10-46, used for various open tunings)
    PRS Mark Tremonti signature 10-top in Emerald Green (10-49, used for drop-Db)
    ESP Eclipse II Standard in Vintage Honey Burst (11-52, used for D and drop-C)
    Fender Jim Root signature Strat in Flat White (11-56, used for C# and drop-B)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for checking out my collection!

yellowv, aneurysm, bostjan and 10 others like this.
  2. sojourner

sojourner Well-Known Member

That Strat looks HUGE.

3. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Cool collection. And best thread title ever. :lol: It's sad, but true that we change out guitars more often than we change the strings on any given instrument.

4. Horizongeetar93

Horizongeetar93 maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Wow the red JPX really caught my eye. All of these guitars have their own personalities it seems. Sweet collection!

5. s_k_mullins

I hadn't noticed, but yeah it looks unusually large in comparison to the others.

I've sold/traded a couple guitars before their first string change. It's a sickness! Ha

Thanks man! That red JPX has an amazing sparkle finish that's difficult to capture in photos.

6. mikah912

mikah912 SS.org Regular

Love the title. I just did a NGD with my two guitars (at the time) in November, and one is gone while I am selling the other locally after a failed attempt to move it in the Emporium here.

Love your collection, BTW. That Tremonti is gorgeous.

7. JD27

JD27 ESP Cult Member

Still a nice collection even if it is smaller now. Some good quality stuff represented. I think someone scribbled on your JR Strat though...:lol:

8. s_k_mullins

Thanks man!

Yeah I've held on to only my favorite pieces. And they're all really high quality guitars.

And I dunno who scribbled on my guitar. Damn vandals! :lol:

9. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Thanks for sharing.

Your strings to guitar ratio is too low, though, you need a couple sevens, eights, and nines to add to the family.

10. Ulvhedin

Ulvhedin Phrygianist

Awesome collection, you can cover pretty much every musical spectrum with that lineup! I need a JP BFR some day :)

11. s_k_mullins

A couple 7s would be nice. I sold my Schecter C7 and traded away my Carvin 727.

But 8s and 9s, not my thing.

I want to add a G&L Legacy to cover the Stratty tones. And a semihollow would be nice. Cover all my bases.