My band To Be Announced (Warning, not Metal! LOL)

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Rayne Mann, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Rayne Mann

Rayne Mann SS.org Regular

So right now I'm in the process of recording my band's first CD, and so far we have three songs pretty much done. I would call us Post-Grunge but not in the Nickleback sense... But anyways I'm using my POD XT Live to record the guitars direct and have narrowed down my distorted rhythm guitar tone to being 4 tracks- 2 of Bulb's Big Bottom patch and 2 of a 5150 patch I made with the same boost\pre-EQ Bulb used in his patch. It really tightens things up and makes things clearer! The drums I just miced up the bass drum and snare and used two overheads to get everything else. The bass is recorded direct, and the vocals were done with a cheap MXL 990 condenser mic. My interface is a Presonus Firestudio Project and I used Adobe Audition 3.0 for recording and Fruity Loops for the synths.

Now obviously this isn't Technical Death Metal and I am NOT a guitar god so please take it easy on me! LOL

Anyways, Here it is. Enjoy, hopefully.

*Bump* I was kind of hoping I could get some input, maybe even some constructive criticism?

Mattmc74 likes this.
  2. Panterica

Panterica Banned

i dig some of it, not really so much the vocals but it has great potential man

3. Mattmc74

Mattmc74 Contributor

4. Stealthdjentstic

Stealthdjentstic Banned

Cool stuff, but im not big on the vocals either.

5. Rayne Mann

Rayne Mann SS.org Regular

Yeah I know our singer isn't the greatest, but good singers (heck good musicians) are hard to find around here, even harder to find a singer that can write his own music and lyrics. He wrote all of Lyke a Knife, guitars, bass, and drums included (the guitar solo is mine though). As for Awake in a Coma I wrote the lyrics and guitar parts for that. And unfortunately, we just lost our drummer who was really the best drummer I'd ever worked with but he's a lazy stoner so he wasn't motivated enough to continue on with us. He even played two shows high which I wasn't too happy about, I mean I don't care that he tokes up, but I'd like him to have a clear mind while performing.

I'm planing on starting a metal band with my buddy that can scream and growl like a mofo (can't sing to save his life though) and actually have more creative freedom since right now I'm more or less controlled on what I can and can't play by the singer. If I actually really use the seventh string on my guitar for anything he dismisses it as sounding too much like Slipknot and that he can't scream. Who says you gotta scream over detuned riffs? I mean this is coming from the guy whose favorite band is Linkin Park.

And if anyone asks, teenage girls love us! LOL It's just too bad I'm turning 23 in a few months.