My 7620 has arrived!!

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by BCrowell, Apr 16, 2005.

1. BCrowell

BCrowell Cubicle Dweller Contributor

I was quite pleased when Eric had written me back saying it would arrive just 2-3 days later!! The wife had called and let me know it arrived, unfortunetly I was stuck in cubicle HELL for another 4 hours! (Note to self: Must learn to fake sudden illness).

The solid black 7620 looked beautifull and the few minor blemishes barely noticeable. Eric did a fantastic job cleaning & setting it up! The action was a bit low but I only had to adjust the bridge up a half turn... Which BTW, Eric was generous enough to call and help me diagnose & make the proper adjustments.

The sound of the bridge EVO7 is really raw, while the Air Norton neck...damn where has that PU been all my life...is really balanced well, with a slight boost on the low end, which I think is perfect.

I'm going to be enjoyin' this puppy!

I must give props to Eric, as has been the best seller I've ever met. His customer service is top notch...keep it up man.

2. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

That's basically what everyone who's ever played an air Norton has come away saying - I mean, I love the Blaze neck too, but the Norton is just stupidly sweet. :)

Enjoy the new guitar - hurry up and record something for us! :)

-D

3. Shawn

Shawn Ibanez Guitars Forum MVP

Yes. Thats gonna sound sweet. Congratulations!
    <---------7620 BK.........my first 7..........

4. Shawn

Shawn Ibanez Guitars Forum MVP

BTW Drew, great tunes on the jukebox. "Alien Love Child" has a great melody and sticks in your
    head. Did you record those songs on your 7620? I recorded my songs with my 7620.

5. BCrowell

Already on it...will let ya know when it's done...

Flo, nice! The white 7620 looks nice! I'm not the biggest fan of all black, but it's not looks I'm goin for anyway!

6. Metal Ken

Metal Ken Hates the Air Contributor

Your guitar looks great man. I used to have one in Royal Blue. awesome pieces of machinery. You'll love it.

7. Digital Black

Digital Black SS.org Regular

Nice. I see that SA-160 in the background. I have one in Trans Blk. Awesome..

8. kman

kman lllllll

Sweet guitars :scream:

I take it you like Rush :yesway: :cool:

9. BCrowell

Thanks HB, I was looking around from a nice royal blue one also... didn't find any before Eric notified me of this one for sale. I enjoyed really putting it to the test today!! I recorded a simple melody, and jammed to it for 30 minutes straight... I bent, dove, shook, and wailed on this puppy...and the guitar never went out of tune enough to be an issue...unbelievable. :eek: No other guitar of mine has taken that much punishment and stayed in tune. It plays great, sounds great, and is scaring my six strings!

Seph, yeah, it's the SA160QM...I love the transblack as well... :yesway: This will probably be the only elec guitar left, now that the 7620 has fit the bill so well! The SA bridge pu gives me a sound very close to a strat, which I can't replicate with the 7620 so it'll remain.

Kman, yes, I'm a huge RUSH fan.:bowdown: I know 16+ of their songs from memory, have memorized the ENTIRE 2112 piece, just to give you an idea how nutz I am :nuts: . I always liked their lyrics, emotion, uniqueness, and mostly the fact that Alex's stuff isn't incredibly difficult to play. I'm currently, with the help of two excellent musicians, doing a tribute album... I've also read all of Neil Peart's books...

I also have two other collages in my studio, one wall is Steve Vai, the other Satch... late at night I swear they pop out and cutt heads while I'm passed out on the keyboard. :shred:

10. Richardscuro

Richardscuro SS.org Regular

Congrats Man,

You must be so stoked! My first seven string I bought was a Black 7620. I still have it and still love it.

11. macalpine88

macalpine88 SS.org Regular

yeah, i bought my 7420 back in 01 and it is the best guitar i have ever played. you will get many great years out of it :shred: do you reccomend the air norton, i have an evo7 bridge and stock ibanez in the neck and it sounds like crap, i was thinking that or blaze

12. Leon

Leon {##[====:::. Contributor

might i suggest...
    [​IMG]

;)

13. Richardscuro

Richardscuro SS.org Regular

I might not be the person to ask because I still have the stock dimarzios in my RG. I have a Norton in the neck of one of my six strings and I think it just rocks. But I have not had any experience with the Air Norton 7. How do you like your evo7 in your bridge. Can you get a good rhythm sound out of it? :hbang:

14. BCrowell

From my limited experience thus far, I totally love the Air Norton 7 and would recommend it. It's often difficult to find a good pickup for leads, and still be balanced enough for clean fingerstyle.

The EVO7, while nice and hot, gives great sound for very heavy stuff, but seems a bit, well muddy I guess. I honestly prefer the Tone Zone I use in my 6-str RG over it thus far.

In any case, working on a new tune, that has different sections using each, so maybe that'll help. Song should be at a pre-release/review point this week. :cool:

15. No Soul

No Soul bringer of mosh

good, because everybody knows the black ones have the most tone :p